Kendrick Induction Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Reading Mum

Re: Kendrick Induction Day

Post by Reading Mum »

I only did skort and polo - and we still have those. Grey sweatshirt and 1 red one have gone walkies this term - named inside but vanished all the same. External naming does help with this issue
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We did skort and polo shirt only to start with, but PE teacher said it would be good for sweatshirt and tracky bottoms to be done too. :roll: so I did.

Someone took this a bit further and initialled DDs socks. I know this because DD came home with three hockey socks one day. The initials meant she could return to rightful owner the next day.

She has also come home with two grey PE sweatshirts after her best friend discarded hers at random and it fell into DDs bag after one lesson. Again returned to its rightful owner. However the same friend has also lost her tracky bottoms and they never got returned, its the most expensive bit of kit too.
tbaby21

Post by tbaby21 »

Hello - just a question on PE kits. Do Kendricks have their own named holdall or can they go in any bag ?

Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Any bag will do.
11+11+

Post by 11+11+ »

Does anyone know of a person or shop that can do the stitching?

THANKS
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

How close to Reading are you? :wink:

I know there was a school uniform shop in Taplow that apparently does it. Don't know if they still do. I remember another forum member on here mentioning it.

Seriously though, don't worry too much about it. DD says there are a few girls that don't have their initials on their kit.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

A uniform supplier which is set up to do embroidery but doesn't sell your school's uniform might do it as you are not taking custom from them. Or ask in your dry cleaner's whether their alterations person has the equipment to do embroidery?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tbaby21

Post by tbaby21 »

Hello, Can the parents with girls in current year 7 remember whether their daughters received homework / project over October half term last year ?

Thanks ...
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Seem to remember DD had some homework over October half term, some of it might have been 'saved up' though.
Checking her homework diary there was nothing major, just bits and pieces and I think most of it could have been done beforehand.

Of course it's going to vary between teachers and classes. Are you planning a trip then. If so then most of the teachers are reasonable and if you tell them why DD hasn't managed to do homework they will be understanding and give them more time.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I am pretty sure that DD says they are not supposed to be given holiday homework. Of course if they had homework still lingering from earlier in the week then that would need to get done.