Holt School admission

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
berks_parent

Holt School admission

Post by berks_parent »

Hi there
Am a newbie and my DD is in year 5. She is planning to write Kendrick entrance next year but as a back up, I was looking at Holt School in Winnersh. But I need to move in to Holt catchment. Having looked at the admissions procedure for this year, it is a bit confusing as to when I need to be in the catchment. Has anyone gone thru this or has any idea?

many thanks
Tinkers

Re: Holt School admission

Post by Tinkers »

Not sure about dates for Holt, but this time round for Kendrick you needed to be in catchment at the time you register for the test, which this year was by 20th June.

Also bear in mind that while the Holt has a big catchment, (I think it's a shared catchment with Emmbrook, forest and St Crispins) it is heavily subscribed so you had best check how close you need to be to be reasonably sure of a place.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Found A date of 15th January on the Holt website under their admissions stuff, with a host of other residency stuff

Bottom of page 2

http://www.holtschool.co.uk/uploads/The ... 201516.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
childrenanddogs

Post by childrenanddogs »

Yep, as said above if you want The Holt you'll need to be close to it. We're in catchment for The Holt, but not a hope of actually getting a place there when my daughter goes to secondary in 2016!

So move as close as you can do, best of luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now