Kendrick Girls & Reading Boys Results 2014 Please post here

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tbaby21

Re: Kendrick Girls & Reading Boys Results 2014 Please post h

Post by tbaby21 »

Hello,

I have a very anxious neighbour who has her Slough results, but not Kendricks. The school is not answering the phone. Does anybody know if all the letters have gone out or is anyone else in the same situation ?
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

We've not had our post yet so can't say I'm afraid.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

MaliM wrote:Can those who have receive their Kendrick/Reading scores and Slough scores, kindly confirm if both results are same. If not, what is the difference in the two scores.
'Coz number of students who sat these exams were roughly the same and the exam was common.
It will help those who have received Slough results and NOT Reading results, gauge their child's Reading score.
Thanks//
Q My daughter sat the test at the Slough Consortium and their standardised test result is different from Kendrick School. Why?

A Some parents may be considering including either one or more Slough grammar schools in addition to Kendrick School on the
CAF. Kendrick School, the Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools and Reading School used the same test on the same day,
and it was not possible for students to sit the test more than once. However, parents whose children sat the test at Kendrick
School may have requested that the raw score is shared for inclusion in the Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools
standardisation. Similarly, parents whose children sat the test at the Slough Consortium may have requested that the raw
score is shared for inclusion in the Kendrick School standardisation
In either of these cases, parents will subsequently receive two sets of results, one from the Slough Consortium and the other
from Kendrick School. These standardised results may be different, as the same raw score is being compared to those of a
different cohort of children.
PLEASE NOTE: Scores cannot be retrospectively shared after the standardisation process has taken place
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

Judging from the few results that I am getting coming in, might I suggest that Slough max is 165 whereas reading and kendrick will be 141. I am no mathematician, but this could explain the quite large difference between 2 sets of results for one individual.
meme2

Post by meme2 »

My post has come and I have not received my DS's Reading School. He qualified for Slough and we got that online last Friday. We ticked the box to share results with Reading when he sat the Slough Consortium exam.
BTW, is there a separate thread on Reading Boarding as this would be our only option since we are OOC.
Thank you!
earleyparents

Post by earleyparents »

We have had out post this morning and unfortunately no Kendrick results. So more day of agonizing wait!

However, we have received our corrected Slough results (my DD is one of the impacted ones who had written in Kendrick and received incorrect letters yesterday from Slough consortium). And seems to have scored good marks.

Can some one from the ones who have received both results - Slough and Kendrick, advice what is the difference in Kendrick score from the Slough score. That would much help!
aim4kendrick

Post by aim4kendrick »

Same here - received slough results but not the Kendrick results.

DD has scored 135 in Slough
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Just had confirmation we've received no Kendrick results in the post today :?

I will however conclude the Slough saga on the other post :evil:
earleyparents

Post by earleyparents »

Congratulations aimforKendrick. Same scores - 135 for my DD from Slough. I hope some can give us a guideline of Kendrick score to expect in the post tomorrow.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Congratulations all.

Biggest congratulations to my dear friend and his family sona. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now