Kendrick 2014 Highest score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Blue Jay

Re: Kendrick 2014 Highest score

Post by Blue Jay »

hello - can anyone confirm if the top score has decreased from 141 to 134.7 will the rank given by the Kendrick Calculator (http://kendrickcalculator.weebly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) also be improved and if so by how much?

Also does anyone think it is worth asking those with qualifying scores to confirm here if they lived in designated Kendrick catchment on 20-Jun-2014, and whether they expect to put Kendrick as first choice on their CAF as opposed to e.g. local Slough grammar school?

Thanks in advance
baleine_33

Post by baleine_33 »

Hi my daughter got 123 Slough and 110.6 Kendrick.
3 girls of 5 passed from our school in Finchampstead.

113.something (summer child)

2 girls had no tuition at all - some coaching by parents.
My daughter went to a group tuition about 12 times from May just to get the exams technique...in my opinion no different from home coaching. I sent her to the tutors as I was hopeless at explaining the answers simply, without wrecking my brains.

Edited by moderator. With a few more months' coaching she would have excelled in the exams, but really proud of our girls' natural abilities all the same.

Just hoping lots of Slough catchment girls will stay in Slough. 1108 girls is sheer madness compared to 870 last year.
Why Slough parents want to send their child to Kendrick when there are 4 grammars in Slough I simply fail to comprehend? :0
Kendrick_mum

Post by Kendrick_mum »

Please do not get carried away by *** result. They may be good but may not be to the extent they are portraying. Sometimes these classes publish the results of their old students who have done well. :(. Your dd is great! She is extremely brilliant!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Indeed, I know someone who used them last year and their DD did not get a place at Kendrick.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Ditto
mum

Post by mum »

I know quite a few who went for ** coaching and didn't even pass the first phase exam of Surrey consortium....
mum