Potential Kendrick Cutoff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Langtreemum

Re: Potential Kendrick Cutoff

Post by Langtreemum »

yes, yes and again yes to what tinkers said

i e-mailed with the council admissions department and they convinced me that putting kendrick/reading as first choice will have no effect on your chances of getting into your second choice of you fail to get offered a place at kendrick/reading

But I think the cut-off mark may go up because (and correct me if I have got this wrong) my impression is that the slough candidate average standard may be lower than the kendrick/reading average standard, so their inclusion is artificially boosting the standardised scores of the 'real', in catchment candidates for reading/kendrick

please tell me if I have got this wrong as it would be good news!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Who knows, too many different new variables affecting it I think.

It's beginning to sound like the caveat on investments, 'past performance is no guarantee to future performance, investments may go up or down' :lol:

All I can say is I'm glad we did it two years ago and don't have to do it again. :roll:

I got to thinking about this 141 maximum business and did a look back (because it is bugging me somewhat) I've actually never seen a max score of 141 for Kendrick in the past, again probably because it was always the average of two papers. I doubt anyone got 141 on both.

Highest score I do know of was 136 in DDs year.
millicent

Post by millicent »

This statistics discussion is interesting but difficult to follow! Well done to everyone for getting such great scores though!

It barely makes any difference but I thought I'd point out that the cut off last year was 113.5. I know of at least 2 girls with that score currently in year 7 at Kendrick but also know of one with the same score still on the waiting list (I assume they had to use the "distance from the school" rule to distinguish between them!)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

It was 114 on initial allocations and probably moved down to 113.5 with those on the waing list. I believe the list moved 4 places by June, I have no idea if it moved any further.
millicent

Post by millicent »

ah, ok. Not sure how many places the waiting list moved either but my DD tells me a girl in her class may not be coming back after half term so may move again! (assuming someone will join from the list when already settled elsewhere.)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I guess someone from the waiting list will take the place of it comes up, might not be the first one on the list but I'm sure someone will.

Hope your DD is enjoying Kendrick so far Millicent.
millicent

Post by millicent »

She loves it, thank you Tinkers! Settled very quickly. The only gripe is a particular teacher but every school has one of those I'm sure!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

millicent wrote:She loves it, thank you Tinkers! Settled very quickly. The only gripe is a particular teacher but every school has one of those I'm sure!

Suspect I know who, have sent a PM
Kendrick_mum

Post by Kendrick_mum »

Hi Curious__George,
You are doing a great job to help everyone. Thank you so much.
Curious__George

Post by Curious__George »

Kendrick_mum wrote:Hi Curious__George,
You are doing a great job to help everyone. Thank you so much.
Thanks a lot, Kendrick_mum!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now