year 9 Entry to Reading Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bahuguna

year 9 Entry to Reading Boys

Post by bahuguna »

Hi i am looking for information about year 9 entry to Reading Boys. Which papers are best to revise and it doesn't say on the website about examining body for year 9. I also found that it is different pattern this year as there is no science. Please advise.
Thanks
sonasona

Re: year 9 Entry to Reading Boys

Post by sonasona »

Hi bahuguna,

I remember you from 2 years back with your Son doing the RBS exam with a broken leg or something? Hope you both are well and getting on ok? Brilliant news for your dd, very good score this year!

Sorry don't know anything about RBS Year 9 entry, think I read somewhere they will stop doing it in the near future.

Sona
bahuguna

Post by bahuguna »

Hi Sonasona
I must say that you have a good memory. Congratulations to you and your DS for fabulous score. Yes my son broke his leg three weeks before the exam. Thanks,he is ok now. He goes to Upton court but we want to try RBS this year as it would be easier if both kids go to Reading schools. I looked on their website and found that it has totally changed this year. Also the examining body name hasn't been mentioned but I guess it will be CEM. I also read somewhere( i think on this forum only)that they are stopping the year 9 entry. I am clueless about how to prepare him as Iwas busy with my daughter this year. he is good in maths and NVR but english comprehension is the tricky one.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

bahuguna wrote:Hi Sonasona
I also read somewhere( i think on this forum only)that they are stopping the year 9 entry.
Yes I also heard so but that will not affect you. There will be Year 9 entry for 2015 I think, most probably there will be no Year 9 entry from 2017 as they are adding 12 more seats to 11+ entry level.