Kendrick/Berkshire Test 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Re: Kendrick/Berkshire Test 2015

Post by tiffinboys »

The following is very useful post for CEM preparation.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=30079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You would have already seen the Duffer's guide by Tinkers.

You will find loads of useful threads in Bucks and Birmingham posts, as those area have been using CEM tests for much longer time. Berks schools and some schools in other areas have only recently joined the CEM bandwagon. I think, in Berks region, Tinkers and Sonasona would give you very useful tips, if you have some specific questions.

Ed:
I included Bucks incorrectly. It's Birmingham where they had CEM for some time. Bur there is information about CEM in Bucks posts, including the detailed one from Patricia.
Last edited by tiffinboys on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NENA

Post by NENA »

tiffinboys wrote:The following is very useful post for CEM preparation.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=30079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You would have already seen the Duffer's guide by Tinkers.

You will find loads of useful threads in Bucks and Birmingham posts, as those area have been using CEM tests for much longer time. Berks schools and some schools in other areas have only recently joined the CEM bandwagon. I think, in Berks region, Tinkers and Sonasona would give you very useful tips, if you have some specific questions.
Thank you Tiffinboys,

I'll have a look at the link you've sent......everyone is being really helpful and I appreciate all the pointers from everyone.

I will have a trawl through the threads as you've suggested and get an idea.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I'm no expert on CEM by any means (test has changed since my time), but hopefully you now have enough to get you started.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

A great thread NENA and we'll help you all thorough to the crucial date of Saturday 12th September 2015 (Kendrick/Reading Boys/Berks Test). Start by getting that in your diary now.....the clock's ticking :o
NENA

Post by NENA »

sonasona wrote:A great thread NENA and we'll help you all thorough to the crucial date of Saturday 12th September 2015 (Kendrick/Reading Boys/Berks Test). Start by getting that in your diary now.....the clock's ticking :o
Thank you sonasona, the date has been added to the diary.......and had also added to the pressure.....!!!

Thank you also for the encouragement and advice.
NENA

Post by NENA »

DD has had some assessments since my original post and am glad that she's doing well (if not better) than our expectations.......

We've had a look at some of the links/books that have been suggested by forum members and they are all very helpful........
childrenanddogs

Post by childrenanddogs »

Hi, my daughter is going to be sitting the exam in Sept 2015. We're not tutoring though (personal choice, I'm just not a big believer in it), so will just be doing practice papers at home.

Best of luck with it, I hope it goes well for your DD.

:)
hardworking

Post by hardworking »

Hi..my DD too will be sitting the exam this September. Not yet started her on papers though, just getting her fundamentals in place :roll:

All the best to all our Dds...
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Here you go folks........Taken from Kendrick Website

http://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/admi ... mber-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Admission into Year 7 in September 2016

Admission Policy

Please refer to the admission policy for entry into Year 7 in September 2016 for more information.

Open Evening

Thursday 30th April 2015, 5pm to 8.30pm (more details to follow)

Booking not required.

Registration to take the Entrance Tests

Registration will open on 1st May 2015 and close at 4pm on Friday 19th June 2015. Registration forms will be available at the Open Evening and on our website on 1st May 2015.

Please note that applications received after 4pm on Friday 19th June 2015 will not be accepted.

Entrance Tests

The admission tests for entry into Year 7 in September 2015 will take place during the morning and afternoon of Saturday 12th September 2015
hardworking

Post by hardworking »

Thank you sonasona..much appreciated!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now