Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

baleine_33

Waiting list

Post by baleine_33 »

Does waiting list include only those in catchment?

Might sound daft but I don't know if those with higher scores living out if catchment get a place automatically? Tx
indiemom

Re: Waiting list

Post by indiemom »

I have tried to reply to this question of yours in another thread

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=41368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately any school with catchment policy will allot all the places to students with marks higher than cutoff to the inside catchment students first.

Therefore anyone with the top scores but outside catchment will not get a place automatically, as that then defies the catchment rule all together IMHO :)
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Kendrick have posted their FAQs on their website........

Is my daughter on the waiting list?
If your daughter’s score is 110.0 or above she will be on our waiting list unless you have been offered a place at your higher preference school.

The waiting list consists of the ranked order of candidates (adjusted for those living within the designated area) with scores of 110.0 and above who have not been offered a place at Kendrick School.

As at 2nd March 2015 there were 55 candidates on the waiting list; the highest score on the waiting list was 114.99
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

Similar information on Reading Boys FAQ

Is my son on the waiting list?

If your son’s score is 110.00 or above, he will be on our waiting list unless you have been offered a place atyour higher preference school.

The waiting list consists of the ranked order of candidates (adjusted for those living within the designated area)
with scores of 110.00 or above who have not been offered a place at Reading School.

As at 2ndMarch 2015, there were 46candidates on the waiting list; the highest score on the waiting list was

Also hostorical movement in wiating lists

Can you tell me how far down the waiting list you have gone in previous years?
We can confirm that we offered the following number of places on the waiting list between allocation on 1st March and the start of term in September for the last 4 academic years as follows:
2011-7
2012-6
2013-7
2014 -4
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now