Maidenhead to Langley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sarahs

Maidenhead to Langley

Post by Sarahs »

Hi
I am new to this Forum. We are currently in Langley but soon moving to Maidenhead for Reading boys catchment area.
I am planning to keep my DS in the the same school for year 6. Please let me how practical it is to travel that far?
Has anyone done it before?
Also if somebody is already doing it & willing to car share kindly let me know.
Thanks
Daogroupie

Re: Maidenhead to Langley

Post by Daogroupie »

You posted this in Herts, you need to move it to Berkshire. the mod can move it if you ask them. DG
Sarahs

Post by Sarahs »

Many Thanks :D ...I have released it & already asked Mod to do it.

Moved to Berkshire - Moderator
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

OP, travel from Maidenhead station to Langley station isn't that bad as there is a direct train and shouldn't take that long. Whether you want your primary school DC to do it alone is another question.

In case you have Langley as your fallback option you may want to check the catchment policies carefully before moving to Maidenhead. I read somewhere that Langley is introducing new catchment areas - something like inner(SL3 post codes) and outer catchment probably. Don't know the exact details. It should be on their website.

If you live on the north of A4 in Maidenhead then you will be in catchment for SWBGS although they have gone a long way out of catchment this year.

Just a thought, if your DC gets into Reading will you move to Reading? If not, is it worth the hassle? This year, due to change in catchment rules for Tiffins boys, Tiffins girls, Reading and Kendrick many bright, high scoring DCs had to go to Langley Grammar thus increasing the cut off score. So it is likely that Langley Grammar would go much higher in League tables in the coming years and there won't be much difference between Reading and Langley schools.This is not to discourage you ... just sharing what I have learnt from my experience. My DC has a place in Kendrick and I am now looking to move to Reading but I am finding it very hard to get suitable housing within walking distance.

Good luck with your move and let us know if you need any other information.