Reading and Kendrick Geographical spread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

berks_mum

Reading and Kendrick Geographical spread

Post by berks_mum »

For those who are interested check, http://trak.org.uk/resources/. Scroll to the bottom of the page for more information re distances.

berks_mum

Re: Reading and Kendrick Geographical spread

Post by berks_mum »

Majority of Kendrick girls and Reading boys come from RG6 area. Is there a special coaching centre in RG6 :)
Next high up is RG4.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think RG6 is just an area reasonably close to Reading, with reasonably good primaries. There's no secret ingredient. If there is I don't know it!
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

berks_mum wrote:Majority of Kendrick girls and Reading boys come from RG6 area. Is there a special coaching centre in RG6 :)
Next high up is RG4.
Berks mum yes there is! Great attention to detail and the perfect CEM mocks.

Also Tinkers is spot on about the primaries, plus it's a fairly affluent area where parents will always go the extra mile.

Then there is the Special One you all know who is always there to guide the ones who ask him! And you all know he does not let anyone down 8)

Sona
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There are a couple of primary schools that seem to consistently send more girls to Kendrick than others. One is in RG6 and one in RG4.
Not really paid attention to Reading School figures.
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

Interesting figures and not surprised about the RG4 numbers at all. Very good primaries, from one in particular most are tutored! Middle class England.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Some good points here. Does RBC publish primary school wise intake for Kendrick and Reading schools?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

It isn't normally published as far as I know. A few years ago I saw data about schools that would class as 'feeder' schools should there be a ballot on ending selection. (To class as a feeder school, the school have to send 5 or more children to Reading and Kendrick combined over the previous 3 years.)
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Would be nice to see the feeder schools. But it may create a property boom near the feeder schools :)

I see an HP11 allocation. HP11 is High Wycombe. I wonder how the DD will travel to Kendrick.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

berks_mum wrote:Would be nice to see the feeder schools. But it may create a property boom near the feeder schools :)

I see an HP11 allocation. HP11 is High Wycombe. I wonder how the DD will travel to Kendrick.
Watch out for the post on here??? There is still time for them to get a waiting list place at HBS, though, so the problem may not arise :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now