Raw scores for Kendrick?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aswapna5

Raw scores for Kendrick?

Post by aswapna5 »

Hi All,

I am not sure if there is already a thread for this but what is the expected raw score in each subject to get admission in Kendrick School?

Thanks!!
berks_mum

Re: Raw scores for Kendrick?

Post by berks_mum »

I don't if anybody has worked out raw scores for Kendrick. Not sure if it will be of much help as CEM is unpredictable and the test may change every year.
To answer your question, if it helps, DDs(and other DCs who got thro') test paper scores:
1. Older style VR, NVR and Maths papers (LG assesment) target scores 85% plus. More the better.
2. CGP CEM style papers - 60 - 75%. Again more the better.
3. Bond CEM style papers - 60 - 75%, IIRC.

I would advise you to cover as many papers and mocks as you can. Vocabulary is very important. NVR ìnclude 3 D rotation and series. Maths, most of the girls will be prepared up to Level 6, some even higher. There won't be many level 6 algebra questions but a few of them would be enough to gain/loose an entry. My DD wasn't prepared with those tiles kind of basic equation questions so her maths score was lower but strong NVR and English made up the gap.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Before CEM, the last year of GL, you needed to be getting +90% on both NVR and VR papers. (There was no maths or English) NVR is still relevant (but a lower weighting overall) but with additional 3D types and maybe others thrown in. VR is a completely different kettle of fish now and of course there's now maths too.

Tbh raw scores are immaterial. It could vary from year to year. Just focus on your DD scoring as highly as possible on the day. Make sure you do a variety of papers and make sure she is prepared for the fast pace.
aswapna5

Post by aswapna5 »

Thanks a lot for the replies!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now