Kendrick registration card lost (bag stolen)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervncalm

Kendrick registration card lost (bag stolen)

Post by nervncalm »

Hi all,

Our bag was stolen from reading town centre and it had my dd's Kendrick registration/test admission card. We have made a police complaint but given the amount of valuables in the bag, I have no hope that the bag will be returned.

Will Kendrick issue a new registration card, or has anyone been in a similar situation. The issue is Kendrick school is now closed for summer and we have no where to check.

Any help/suggestion will be very helpful. Any parent of Kendrick child who is aware if school will be open on certain days of summer vacation, can you please let me know. My dd is very upset and I am having hard time calming her down...

Thanks
Guest55

Re: Kendrick registration card lost (bag stolen)

Post by Guest55 »

There must be someone in school on A level results day (13th August) and GCSE results day (20th).
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Agreed with Guest55 but also I would suspect that there is someone on site every day - certainly our Bursary office is staffed every week day throughout the holidays and wouldn't your Council or Local Authority be able to help as assumedly you have to apply through them initially?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

They only broke up the on Friday, so worth trying today. Otherwise A level results day. There's also an induction day for the sixth form a little later I think.

You got your application in on time, and you have a police report number. There shouldn't be a problem.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I'm sure there will be somebody on site most days even if they operate shortened hours. I would keep trying and as others have said there will definitely be staff there on A level results day.

In the meantime I would email them with the circumstances and the police report number so you are setting yourself a dated and timed paper trail. This will show you did all you could as soon as possible and also somebody can call you when they pick it up.

Good luck I'm sure that it will all be fine - you've done nothing wrong!
BlueSmarties

Post by BlueSmarties »

admin@kendrick.reading.sch.uk

That's the email for admissions, so send an email off asap to let them know about the loss and hopefully that will give them plenty of time to sort things out for you.
nervncalm

Post by nervncalm »

Thank you all for the prompt response.

We just came back from Kendrick school and fortunately for us, there was someone from the admin department who took all the details and the police crime reference number and confirmed that they will be able to re-print the card. Unfortunately, they cannot do anything over the summer vacation, but reassured us that when the school opens on 2nd September, they will be in touch with us.

I am a bit relieved now. You lot are amazing, thanks for the support. Hopefully we will get this sorted. Now onto so many other things to be dealt with - DL, cards, keys - don't even know what not...

Thanks again...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now