Slough schools allocation March 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Slough schools allocation March 2015

Post by Tinkers »

The time is almost upon us, so here is a thread to post your allocation results.

We know that Reading and Kendrick are posting letters second class today, with the intent that they should arrive on Monday, but inevitably some will arrive on Saturday. I don't know whether Slough schools are doing the same. (If anyone else knows, let me know and I'll edit accordingly)

Please also be mindful that whilst you may have had the result you wanted, others may not.

Don't feel obliged to post your score too, but if you do it will help others gauge what the cut off might be.
sonasona

Re: Slough schools allocation March 2015

Post by sonasona »

Good luck everyone, I hope you all get the school you wanted.

Sona
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Good luck everyone. No early birds this year? Last year Slough LA had their offers out on the 1st March, if I remember correct.
digsval

Post by digsval »

Just checked online and found my DD did not get her first choice of Langley Grammar and got into Upton Court Grammar.

We not sure whether to appeal as not sure what the entry points for Langley were this year, so would be grateful to know this if someone here on the Forum have had an offer from Langley and got their scores. Last year the entry was 117 for Langley Grammar, where this year I expect it may be over 121 as this is what our DD got! I know the new CEM exams have changed everything so not sure what the scores for entry were for Langley due to this.

We wanted DD at Langley as our DS already goes there already and we live in SL3, its a shame as next year the entry criteria also provides preference for 30 children in postcodes SL3 and SL4!

Any information anyone can share will be useful on appeals on offers. Thanks in advance
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear you have not got your first choice. Unfortunately as I'm Reading based I don't know much about the Slough School situation, so hopefully someone else can.

Firstly I would ask if you are automatically put onto the waiting list for Langley, and if not ask to go onto it. Also ask where abouts on the waiting list you are (I'd hope that when you get your letters through they will tell you this.)

Should you want to appeal, then here is a good place to start for info
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please read throughly. If you still have questions about appeals, then head to the appeals section of the forum.

Hth
digsval

Post by digsval »

@Tinkers, Thanks for the advice. We have asked to be placed on the waitlist, so wait and see what happens.
luvingdad

Post by luvingdad »

Hi,
If anyone who checked the Slogh resultonline,and get
The offer from Langley grammar, may i request to share
Your DD marks please ?
Thkx in advance.
earkai

Post by earkai »

Hi luvingdad, how do I check Slough results? We don't live in Slough borough but have applied to the grammar schools there. Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi earkai - you will have applied on the CAF via your LEA, you would have to log in there or get e-mail form them to see what school you have been allocated
earkai

Post by earkai »

Thanks luvingdad, ours is a little complicated. We moved to another borough after doing online application, so ours has been made a manual application. I guess I will have to wait until we receive the letter tomorrow.