Kendrick & Reading Boys Results 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LW2015

Re: Kendrick & Reading Boys Results 2015

Post by LW2015 »

Sonasona - As per your assessment how much lower do you think will be Kendrick Standardised scores compared to Slough? and any guess for cut-off this year?
sonasona wrote:Good score :)

You should expect your Reading Boys score to be lower but the good news is there are 138 places up for grabs this year and lower scores will be required to secure a place there than would be at Kendrick.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Clearly the Reading parents are starting to receive their Slough letters as I've heard of quite a few scores this morning.

We need further details to predict cut-offs for both schools but I'm not very good at that I'm afraid :shock:
vinni77

Post by vinni77 »

Interestingly, Reading boys have made the following change in their FAQs:

Q. How many candidates sat the entrance test for Reading School for entry in September 2016?

A. A total of 675 candidates sat the test at Reading School and a further total 746 candidates sat the test at another venue and requested that their results be shared with Reading School.

So more children from Slough have asked their results to be shared with Reading this year!
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Thanks vinni77,

That's strange that they update the number after releasing the details. I've amended the original post to reflect the 1421.

However still only 189 within catchment can take up a place.
LW2015

Post by LW2015 »

Thanks, how has been the general trend among girls as per what u have heard?

Besides Age, are girls and boys standardised separately or in one lot?
sonasona wrote:Clearly the Reading parents are starting to receive their Slough letters as I've heard of quite a few scores this morning.

We need further details to predict cut-offs for both schools but I'm not very good at that I'm afraid :shock:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

For the Reading schools they will be separate as they are separate schools, for Slough there will be be no separation for boys and girls.
LW2015

Post by LW2015 »

Thanks Tinkers.

Nervous days ahead!
Tinkers wrote:For the Reading schools they will be separate as they are separate schools, for Slough there will be be no separation for boys and girls.
BaileyLane

Post by BaileyLane »

I hate the fact they released the Slough results before Reading - it's a type of psychological torture! The only place for support and help seems to be this forum, so thanks to everyone for posting.

Would love to hear more theories on how Slough scores might compare to Reading school from the mathematicians/experts amongst us, if only to stop me coming up with increasingly wild and unlikely scenarios based on nothing very much.
vinni77

Post by vinni77 »

BaileyLane wrote:I hate the fact they released the Slough results before Reading - it's a type of psychological torture! The only place for support and help seems to be this forum, so thanks to everyone for posting.

Would love to hear more theories on how Slough scores might compare to Reading school from the mathematicians/experts amongst us, if only to stop me coming up with increasingly wild and unlikely scenarios based on nothing very much.
That is so true! Indeed a psychological torture. The only theory I can come with is that the difference between Reading and Slough scores may not be as big as last year though Reading scores might be lower. Even then, it would be interesting to see Reading boys' scores considering more boys from Slough than Reading have asked to include their raw scores for standardisation!
Fem_jef

Post by Fem_jef »

Did you see significant variation between the standardised scores for Slough and Reading for your child? Thanks & regards.
berks_mum wrote:Good luck to everyone waiting for the results. I hope all of you get the results you are hoping for.
We were in the same position last year more anxious after Slough Consortium results came out. Time flies. I was hoping Reading and Slough results would come out on the same day this year.