how's everybody holding up?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kendrick mum

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi Bewildered

Thanks - on board finally! Even if I seem to have lost my ?- can't find it any where- THAT LBSWM - she's taken it to Lapland. Hope she hasn't become attached to it LBSWM?'. I want it back!

Kendrick mum-missing?
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi KM?

Don't worry about the missing ?, I have a feeling you won't need it in March anyway. :D

By the way, have sent you a long PM, but it is still sitting in my Outbox which I think means you have not read it yet.

Ella
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Kendrick mum WELCOME aboard.

Please remember to check this forum at least ten times a day. :D :D

After two years very nice to have some active Kendrick parents please could you make some notes so that when the coast is clear you can share your experiences for the benefit of next years martyrs. :cry:

Did anyone apply online? When are online results released? Midnight on 29th February? :shock:

stevew61
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi Steve,

Yes, as you know, I have made some fairly detailed notes about the exact Kendrick test content - which I am more than happy to share after 25/1/08. Problem is, DD's memory has become extremely vague and when I ask now, she starts remembering 'stuff she MIGHT have got wrong' :( So we don't talk about it any more!

We applied online via Wokingham Borough Council. All I know is that 'the outcome will be communicated on 3/3/08' - but don't worry, I will be checking my Email from midnight of 29 Feb onwards. :wink:

Bewildered, as you are also Wokingham (I think), do you know any more than this?

Ella
Kendrick mum

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi Steve,

Thanks, its good to talk/post

Yes I will be checking atleast 20 times a day

I did try and register for online secondary applications but was told Reading Councils email facility had crashed , but if I contacted them later on I may still get my results online. I contacted them a few weeks ago only to be told it wasn't possible. I will therefore be relying on snail mail.

Yes I will report back soon , promise!

Regards Kendrick mum?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Ella wrote: Bewildered, as you are also Wokingham (I think), do you know any more than this?
Ella
Ella, Yep We're Wokingham too. Also applied online, and agree results should be out on 3rd.
With my youngest's infant allocation earlier this year, also applied online. They were as good as gold and had allocations up by 12:05am (when I checked) :)

With RGS, we were told that they would post out results on the 29th at the open evening. So unless that's changed may get results on 1st???

Not too far from you I think, as our backup is 'W', could of gone with Forest as better on paper. but 'W' had a better feel, and more opportunities; including the offer of IB, if eligible. Can't beat ME though :) You've got a great B/U!
:D :D
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi BW,

Yes, admittedly we are very lucky to be spoilt for choice in Wokingham. I have heard good things about 'W'. Also, my DS has a couple of friends at Forest and they seem to like it; and not forgetting the Piggott and Emmbrook, also both popular.

So if the grammar route does not produce a result, it's not the end of the world :)

Ella
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Ella wrote: All I know is that 'the outcome will be communicated on 3/3/08' - but don't worry, I will be checking my Email from midnight of 29 Feb onwards. :wink:
Ella
Ella, the email came late morning for me last time. To check after midnight, you have to log into your admissions account on the LEA website. That was where I found the allocation, previously.

Still a long wait though :(
Ella

Post by Ella »

BW,

Thanks for that - I will TRY and log on to my admissions account, but I suspect that so will everyone else be doing the same. :roll:

Ella
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now