Reading/Kendrick admissions web links

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Reading/Kendrick admissions web links

Post by Tinkers »

Kendrick

https://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/pag ... ions&pid=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reading School

http://www.reading-school.co.uk/page/?t ... ions&pid=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tinku

Re: Reading/Kendrick admissions web links

Post by Tinku »

Hi there,

Reading school lnk doesn’t work!

Cheers
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Thanks. Obviously it has been updated. I have edited the post so it shoud work now.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Note that there are changes to the admissions for both Reading and Kendrick for 2020 entry.

Both are lowering the qualifying score for PP children. Kendrick now have priority 1 and 2areas for the extra 32 places being created when they expand.
(Note that having the priority 1/2 areas doesn’t not effect the first 96 places and they will be allocated much the same as they are now. It only ) applies to the extra 32.)
Rini

Post by Rini »

hi, we live at West Drayton UB7, planning to relocate to get into Reading catchment this year July/August 2020. My DS is in Year 5 and wants to get into Reading Boys. I believe we have time till the end of August to move and show address proof. I am confused if priority is close to postcode distance ? say, I plan to move to Maidenhead ...and someone else gets the same score and lives closer to the school postcode.. who gets a better chance?
Also can you recommend the best area to move in Reading?
Thank you
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Rini wrote:hi, we live at West Drayton UB7, planning to relocate to get into Reading catchment this year July/August 2020. My DS is in Year 5 and wants to get into Reading Boys. I believe we have time till the end of August to move and show address proof. I am confused if priority is close to postcode distance ? say, I plan to move to Maidenhead ...and someone else gets the same score and lives closer to the school postcode.. who gets a better chance?
Also can you recommend the best area to move in Reading?
Thank you
If two boys have the same score at the cutoff, then the one that lives closest will get the place. However since scores go to 2 decimal places, it is unlikely that there would be many with the same score. (Although it does happen and has happened with kendrick in the past).

Yes you do have until the end of August to move. How doable that is in the current state of affairs I’m not sure, but you know your own circumstances.
As to where, I think you need to look at alternative schools you would want to consider if he doesn’t get a place at Reading. Wokingham and East Reading wouldn’t be bad choices. Also bear in mind their admissions policies as some also have residency requirements.