Historic data on Reading admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Re: Historic data on Reading admissions

Post by Tinkers »

Within the catchment only. If you are inside that then it goes by score. Outside that you will not get a day place.
Mammame

Post by Mammame »

Yes, within the catchment please?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If within catchment distance doesn’t factor only score (except at the cutoff, the nearest gets the place if there’s two or more on the same score.
Mammame

Post by Mammame »

Thank you again for your feedback. The highest score for Reading achieved was 129.70, cutoff is 108 of which 230 candidates achieved! How do I find out where out of those 230 candidates my son lies and whether he will get a place in the school?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Mammame wrote:Thank you again for your feedback. The highest score for Reading achieved was 129.70, cutoff is 108 of which 230 candidates achieved! How do I find out where out of those 230 candidates my son lies and whether he will get a place in the school?

You won’t get ranking, the schools don’t know which schools parents will put down on their CAF or where.

The Historic data gives you some indication of previous cutoffs, the higher above that you are, the more certain you can be
Mammame

Post by Mammame »

Is there data anywhere where it shows how many candidates that didn't take the school offer or is that a long shot?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Do you want PM me the score (if you don’t want to post openly) and I can give you a better judgment.

Certainly not everyone will put down Reading school, or other other schools they wil, get as a higher preference. Some of the top scorers may not be in catchment, so won’t get day places. Some will pick private schools.

The is some data on previous years (got using FOI requests) so if you can look for those on the forum, then look at the historic data at the beginning it might help give you an idea of how far the rankings have gone in the past. However past performance doesn’t always pan out.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I am locking this thread so that discussions on allocations are keptvtogether in the appropriate thread.

For 2019 allocations see here.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=57255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now