Any suggestions abt comprehensive for the CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesapphire

Any suggestions abt comprehensive for the CAF

Post by bluesapphire »

Not long to go before submitting the CAF. I m thinking of the 6th place on the CAF which should ideally be a comprehensive.

I have following options:

Westgate secondary
Langley academy
Bayliss court school
Lynch hall academy
Windsor girls
Ditton Park school
Cox green high

I have no idea about any of these. If anyone can reflect their thoughts or pm me I would be really grateful.
hel_tcw

Re: Any suggestions abt comprehensive for the CAF

Post by hel_tcw »

bluesapphire wrote:Not long to go before submitting the CAF. I m thinking of the 6th place on the CAF which should ideally be a comprehensive.

I have following options:

Westgate secondary
Langley academy
Bayliss court school
Lynch hall academy
Windsor girls
Ditton Park school
Cox green high

I have no idea about any of these. If anyone can reflect their thoughts or pm me I would be really grateful.
My dd and I (plus ds as the dh was home late that night) had a look at Lynch Hill - we really liked what we saw and have put it 2nd on the CAF.
Bear in mind that it's fairly new so only has 2 years' at the moment [leap of faith] (No gcse results but the primary seems to get good results).

By next year they plan to be on their brand new site (they are currently using part of the primary school site) on Stoke Road. It will be them, Slough Town footy club and some community sports facilities there.

Another reason for us putting it above St Jo's and Herschel as it will be ~5 mins walk away for my DD/dc.

Mind you, we're hoping she gets into St Bernard's Catholic Grammar, based on result plus faith :D

Ditton Park is also newish and are hoping to be on their new site at some point soon (they'll be moving near the new housing estate by Upton Court Park/ Slough Hockey+Cricket+Rugby club).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now