Test Content 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hellohello123

Test Content 2015

Post by hellohello123 »

Hi

I want to ask for approval from a moderator before adding anything to this discussion.

I read somewhere that discussing test content was forbidden until March 2016. As that has pretty much been and gone would it be okay to ask everyone about the CEM test content? I know information has been reported on test content in Birmingham.

I'm interested to know which section children found most difficult. How the questions were worded, timing for each section, were there any unexpected sections?

Thanks
Tinkers

Re: Test Content 2015

Post by Tinkers »

Unfortunately it's not quite as straightforward as you might think.

A number of schools used the same exam on the same day so while the Berkshire schools may not have a late sitting after March, others might so we will need to check.
hellohello123

Post by hellohello123 »

Hi

Thank you for your response, I understand that.

Could you please let me know when you know? I feel this would be a very useful discussion for all parents with Children sitting this year.

Thanks,
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

WCC wrote:Warwickshire County Council provides 11+ test papers for use in selective admissions to grammar schools. It is expected that children sitting these tests are doing so for the sole purposes of gaining admission to grammar schools and not to further any other purposes or to obtain any commercial gain on behalf of anybody else. Disclosure of the content of these tests may compromise the integrity of the 11+ testing process and therefore these papers are imparted to children in confidence.

Please note that if anybody discloses or reproduces any of the test content either wholly or partly via means such as (but not limited to) verbal communication, publishing on website forums, publishing on websites, any other written communication, etc. this will be a breach of confidence and the County Council reserves its rights to protect its confidential information and take legal proceedings against such individuals as necessary. It should also be noted that the University of Durham’s Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring owns the copyright to the papers and they may seek to take action for breach of copyright at their discretion also. If you suspect that somebody has been trying to obtain this confidential information from your child or you become aware that the content of the tests may have been compromised please contact the County Council as soon as possible.
Parents in Warks have to sign the above disclosure as part of the 11+ application; I would be surprised if there wasn't something similar in Berks and other CEM areas ...

JD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now