Merit in visiting an open day a year early

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: Merit in visiting an open day a year early

Post by Tinkers »

When we went to the open evening we managed to have some very long chats with several teachers, and quite a few shorter chats with others. One gave us some very good advice and info that actually came in very useful when DD got a place. All the teachers we spoke to at length ended up actually teaching DD.

Now DD has done open evenings herself and taken other parents around and given demos. She and her friends have loved the chance to show off their school.

Having open evenings may or may not be what other schools do (although as I've already said, locally this is what happens at most, Kendrick are no different in that respect) but it doesn't make what they or any other school wrong or right. It is what they feel suits them best. In this day and age, especially with social media being what it is, no school can hide anything anymore.

And on that note, I'd like to offer an invite to any prospective Kendrick parents out there. Whether or not you went to the open evening, if you have any questions you want to ask current parents (or Want us to ask our DDs) please feel free. Personally I'm happy to answer them and I'm sure Reading Mum and Bluesmarties, along with others are too.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Tinkers wrote: And on that note, I'd like to offer an invite to any prospective Kendrick parents out there. Whether or not you went to the open evening, if you have any questions you want to ask current parents (or Want us to ask our DDs) please feel free. Personally I'm happy to answer them and I'm sure Reading Mum and Bluesmarties, along with others are too.
Absolutely!
BlueSmarties

Post by BlueSmarties »

Reading Mum wrote:
Tinkers wrote: And on that note, I'd like to offer an invite to any prospective Kendrick parents out there. Whether or not you went to the open evening, if you have any questions you want to ask current parents (or Want us to ask our DDs) please feel free. Personally I'm happy to answer them and I'm sure Reading Mum and Bluesmarties, along with others are too.
Absolutely!
Ask away... :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now