Kendrick, can you write on question paper?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
emma2312

Kendrick, can you write on question paper?

Post by emma2312 »

Hi
Sorry if this seems like a daft question, but can you write on the question paper, for example, under line the text in the comprehension. Or marked the answers that are definitively wrong?
Also do the children have blank paper where they can work out their maths?
And does anyone have any suggestions about how to mark questions that are skipped, so that they can be gone back to later if time. For example could they be circled on the answer sheet?
My DD is trying for Kendrick and I am worried about a skipped question resulting in the right answers, but losing track on the answer sheet.
Many thanks
semb

Re: Kendrick, can you write on question paper?

Post by semb »

emma2312 wrote:Hi
Sorry if this seems like a daft question, but can you write on the question paper, for example, under line the text in the comprehension. Or marked the answers that are definitively wrong?
Also do the children have blank paper where they can work out their maths?
And does anyone have any suggestions about how to mark questions that are skipped, so that they can be gone back to later if time. For example could they be circled on the answer sheet?
My DD is trying for Kendrick and I am worried about a skipped question resulting in the right answers, but losing track on the answer sheet.
Many thanks
I would like to know the answer to these questions too. I thought seeing as the answer paper is marked by a computer they should only mark the answers and do nothing else on that sheet, and therefore do all of the working out on the question paper, as I don't think they are given blank paper for workings.....but it'd be great if someone who knows could confirm. I also thought about circling the skipped question number on the answer sheet....but not sure of this is allowed either....
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

The Bucks transfer test instructions (which is also CEM) says you must write any rough workings on the questionpaper, not the answer sheet, no rough paper is given out.

The Slough CEM is the same as Kendrick and I went to their info evening on Weds and it said rough working on the question sheet so I think that's probably the same across the board (if you think about it, it also stops folks sneaking out questions on rough paper).
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

And keeping track wise, There are two ways to do it, one may suit your child better:

1) when you don't know the answer, mark an "interim best guess" (discard any blatent wrong answer and guess from the others). This means if you run out of time at least something is down. It also means you can't get out of sync. Circle on the Q paper and go back at the end to change it if there's time.

2) when yoh don't know, leave it blank and make a dash by the question number.
Then go back to all the dashed lines at the end. (Some kids hate rubbing out and this avoids the need to change answers but risks not filling every Q in if they get flustered).
emma2312

Post by emma2312 »

Thankyou :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now