Different sections within 45 minutes in actual 11 plus test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pnpatel3

Different sections within 45 minutes in actual 11 plus test

Post by pnpatel3 »

Hi

I have 2 questions (confusions) as below, if some one could reply please.

1. when the results come out after exam? (Within 2-3 weeks or after a month?)
2. I know There are 2 tests (each around 45 minutes) but My daughter mentioned during 1st 45 minutes there are few sections of 5-10 minutes and during 2nd 45 minutes again different sections of 5-10 minutes making up 45 minutes. Students are not allowed to go back to previous section within same 45 minutes for test. Is it true? because I read they can check their leftover questions at the end if they have few minutes left out of 45 minutes.

your reply to this is much appreciated.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Different sections within 45 minutes in actual 11 plus t

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Not your area so cannot answer when the results will come out - I am sure a Google search of Berkshire County Council may give you an idea! They will be released before you have to fill in your CAF application form though.

The test in Berks is CEM I believe - CEM does lots of mini sections within the 45 minute Paper 1 and Paper 2. Whilst you are allowed to go back over a mini section within the time (eg a 5 minute maths section, you can go back over the match section if you have time within the 5 minutes) once you have been told to move on to (for example) a 10 minute VR section, whilst you can go back to the VR questions in that section within the 10 minute time slot, you absolutely CANNOT go back to the maths section.

Time is an essential component of the CEM test - your child needs to be aware that it is likely there will be more questions than they can hope to answer in the time allocated - it is usually very tight for time. They need to work speedily and accurately.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

As there isn't a Berkshire county council any more, then you'll need to search the Reading, Kendrick or Slough Schools under their admissions websites. I've posted links in stickies at the top of this section. It will be a few weeks after the test though and defintely before the CAF deadline as KCG says.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

We've not done it yet, but according to the Slough CEM information, yes the paper is broken down into mini sections. It varies each year so you can't predict of there will be eg a twn minute comprehension or 5 minute jumbled sentences, just prepare your child that they cannot go back once a section is completed. This means that a child who is eg a very quick reader and can do the comprehension in 5 minutes flat, doesn't have an extra 10 minutes to spend on the maths questions where he/she may be more challenged. It kind of makes sense, but means they need to know what to expect.
Both the Berks and Bucks CEM have an audio soundtrack that clearly explains when to start and finish each section.
Humble Parent

Post by Humble Parent »

Hi pnpatel,
With regards to ur 2 questions:

1. In 2015 for 2016 Sep start the Slough consortium exam was held on 12 Sep and results came out on 16 October.

2. No you cannot go back even in subsections in the exam. Once 4 minutes or whatever few alloted minutes for sub section is over us can't go back even to have a look.

Hope it answers ur queries.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now