how's everybody holding up?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kendrick mum?

how's everybody holding up?

Post by kendrick mum? »

Well how's everybody feeling? I initially felt relief that the exam was over and dd had thought all had gone well. Having read the other thread about easy papers I'm beginning to wonder....? and think if everybody has found the papers easy ,pass marks will be very high. Won't be much in it to pass or fail.

I know nothing to be done.....

Aliportico- Hope the RGS exam also went well for your dd.

Talking to another mum waiting for her dd at Kendrick I understand a lot of parents from Slough are encouraged to apply to Kendrick especially if their children are week in maths, they had put Kendrick 5th .Perhaps not all those applying really want a kendrick place (well here's to hoping). I also have it on good authority that atleast 30-40 places are refused each year.

Regards Kendrick Mum?
stevew61

Re: how's everybody holding up?

Post by stevew61 »

kendrick mum? wrote:Well how's everybody feeling?
Can only answer based on our Reading experience last year. :shock:

DS came out of exam happy, by the evening he was unhappy so we decided not to talk about it any more.

I spent the next one hundred and five days waking at night thinking of all the possible scores.........you could end up in REHAB. :twisted:

Good luck,

stevew61
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Kendrick Mum,
Yes historically, you do get children, sitting the test just as a practice in readiness for the real one they want. Also get children who sit it, but end up going to private even if they have passed. So many do fall by the wayside.
I don't know how many they put on the Kendrick reserve list. For Reading School it's been 20 on average .

stevew61 wrote: I spent the next one hundred and five days waking at night thinking of all the possible scores.........you could end up in REHAB. :twisted:
Thanks for the positive feedback steve :wink:

I'm going Christmas shopping, I am not going to think of the 11+, I am not, I am not, I am not!!!!
Post Traumatic 11+ Syndrome, It cames to us all eventually :oops:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Bewildered wrote:I am not going to think of the 11+, I am not, I am not, I am not!!!!
Post Traumatic 11+ Syndrome, It cames to us all eventually :oops:
You will, you will, you will. I will cease this dialogue as it's starting to get silly. :D :D

stevew61

Sometimes the parent needs as much help after the exam as the child did before. :shock:
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi Kendrick mum?

We are bearing up well here. I asked dd if anyone had been talking about the Kendrick test at school as a large number from her primary school took the test on Friday and she said that it wasn't mentioned all day long :o I was really pleased to hear that, I don't think it would serve any purpose now.

I'm really surprised that anyone would have Kendrick down as a 5th choice :shock: - surely you HAVE to put it first on your CAF to have any chance of getting in?! Oh well, let's hope there's plenty more who have done that :wink:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Ella wrote:I'm really surprised that anyone would have Kendrick down as a 5th choice :shock: - surely you HAVE to put it first on your CAF to have any chance of getting in?!/quote]

It does happen. :cry: :cry:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=2000
My daughter passed her 11+ exam for Kederick with 134 marks with Joint 1st grade. However, we made an mistake of not putting Kenderick Grammar as our first choice on CAF, due to some misguiding advice from our LA.

stevew61
Ella

Post by Ella »

Thanks for that Steve; I knew I had read a thread on here about a similar situation... I would love to know if that girl ever did get a place - on appeal perhaps? It sounds as though she did not live in either Reading or Wokingham boroughs as the advice from them is pretty unequivocal about where to place school choices on your CAF.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi All,

LOOK AWAY now if you don't want to talk about scores. :D :D

I have been asked and I don't know, what is the target as a % for Kendrick.

Reading was last year,
I din't cry at the result but reading all your lovely comments has started me off !
Steve, the 100th score was 335.2. I believe this is out of 400, so 83.75%. My son got the equivalent of around 82 %. Also fyi 442 canditates took the test - hope this helps those next year
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... c&start=15

My gut feeling is that Kendrick is more competitive and as there are only two papers score will be higher but not a lot as scores bunch my guestimate 88%? Any suggestions welcome.

stevew61
Ella

Post by Ella »

Steve,

Wasn't able to look away I'm afraid :wink:

Actually, I agree with your guestimate. At least, I think you are definitely in the 'ballpark' with 88%.

But obviously age-standardisation will come into play and I don't think anybody really knows how Kendrick administer this. In fact, they are extremely secretive about it - I have never seen it mentioned in any documents that I have come across.

Steve, perhaps you could comment? Thanks!!
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

stevew61 wrote:
My daughter passed her 11+ exam for Kederick with 134 marks with Joint 1st grade. However, we made an mistake of not putting Kenderick Grammar as our first choice on CAF, due to some misguiding advice from our LA.
stevew61
Actually, I agree with your guestimate. At least, I think you are definitely in the 'ballpark' with 88%.
I would agree. Using last year's 134 joint 1st grade as the age standarsized mark.
I would guestimate to achieve the 134 you'd need 87% for a 10.3yr old and 91% for the 11.3yr old.
Therefore as suggested Kendrick was more competitive than RGS last year. :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now