Slough Grammar School Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jazzyd

Re: consortium exam

Post by Jazzyd »

[quote="Maagi"]Hi, Has anyone received confirmation/details to sit the consortium exam? I have applied for Langley and haven't received anything yet and wondering if they haven't got my application on time?[/quote]

Hi Maggie, We have received our details (post mark on envelope 08.10.09). I would ring them.
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations to mini bcookerblum and wraysburymum's DD... so pleased to hear your news.
wraysburymum... especially good news for you :D
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Wonderful news wraysburymum, So pleased to hear your news!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Well done to bcookerblum, can breathe a huge sigh now and

CELEBRATE!!!!! :D
IncaGold

Post by IncaGold »

Maagi wrote:Thanks IncaGold, thats a releif to hear you haven't received anything yet. I haven't included any envelope for them to acknowledge the receipt-wish I did:)
Hi Maagi, we received our confirmation this morning, it was posted on 15th. They're probably being posted out in batches.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

Well done to you Wraysbury mum and miniwraysbury mum and every one else. I would not want to go through appeals process again and I am sure you wouldnt too. At least you can fill out your CAF form out with SGS bringing in their exam earlier hopefully the other Grammars will follow with this arrangement for future years so that parents can make informed choices.....
ardmore

Post by ardmore »

overpeck wrote:Well done to you Wraysbury mum and miniwraysbury mum and every one else. I would not want to go through appeals process again and I am sure you wouldnt too. At least you can fill out your CAF form out with SGS bringing in their exam earlier hopefully the other Grammars will follow with this arrangement for future years so that parents can make informed choices.....
Hi
My DS scored 110 in SGS. He fell ill during the exam, particularly in the first two ( NVR and VR) that have had implication on his overall score. He did not alert the attention of the invigilator in the exam as he is little shy. Despite me explaining his option, he insisted on going to the exam room with little worry as he fell and scratched his forhead. He thought exam was more important.
I am in the process of launching an appeal for a child who failed to score school minimum (111) in Slough Grammar School for admission in Year 7 in 2010. The guidance notes indicates the letter about the appeal date will come before 18th January.
My query is:
when are the appeal held? any past years information to make judgement.

Do I need to include Slough Grammar in the CAF or not as the school letter state the child scoring less than 111 is not eligible for a place in the school? How does the appeal date influence the requirement of including the school in the CAF list?

In case I win in the appeal does it require that SGS should be in my CAF list.
Please let me benefit from your advice.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

I am pretty sure you would have to have SGS on the CAF form in order to appeal but ring the school they are always helpful

Our appeal was February and we heard just before Easter hols this year, but dates change year on year I believe.
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Ardmore,

My DD also scored 110 for SGS last year and we won on appeal. Our appeal was in March and we heard about 3 weeks later. When the appeals will be heard will very much depend on how many appeals there are. The chair of the appeals panel informed us that there were 170 appeals for SGS last year. Like Overpeck I would have thought you would have needed to include the school on the CAF form. As few of us have posted our appeals experience from last year on this forum so you will get plenty of advice on how to prepare for the appeal and the questions you are likely to get asked.

From one mum who has already been through this, good luck.

Incidentally my DD loves it at SGS and has settled in really well despite not knowing anyone else there on her first day.

Partygirl
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

Great to see you are still lurking partygirl our daughter has settled well and seems to have made a good circle of friends not just in her form which is also good, the stress of the appeal was worth it....
ardmore

Post by ardmore »

partygirl wrote:Ardmore,

My DD also scored 110 for SGS last year and we won on appeal. Our appeal was in March and we heard about 3 weeks later. When the appeals will be heard will very much depend on how many appeals there are. The chair of the appeals panel informed us that there were 170 appeals for SGS last year. Like Overpeck I would have thought you would have needed to include the school on the CAF form. As few of us have posted our appeals experience from last year on this forum so you will get plenty of advice on how to prepare for the appeal and the questions you are likely to get asked.

From one mum who has already been through this, good luck.

Incidentally my DD loves it at SGS and has settled in really well despite not knowing anyone else there on her first day.

Partygirl
thanks Partygirl
I am going for it.
can anybody please suggest me what is teh best way to prepare for the appeal. I need plenty of documenation I know, what sort of questions are asked?