Kendrick test 2016 results (2017 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: Kendrick test 2016 results (2017 entry)

Post by Tinkers »

Given previous years cutoff, I'd say it's unlikely your DD get a place. :(

However if you have a space for Kendrick on your CAF and can still put others schools you are happy with and at least one you are very likely to get a place at, then give it a shot. (I'm hoping you are happy with your alternatives.)

If you don't put it down and the cut off goes down lower this year you'll kick yourself if you don't. Just be realistic about your chances.
killinghall

Post by killinghall »

Thanks Tinkers. We'll put it as the top choice and for #2 our local secondary which should be fine

What are the chances of the cutoff going down? If Kendrick had a pass mark of 108 like RB it would be looking more realistic
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The qualifying mark for Kendrick is still 110 as before, so I don't think the cut off is going much lower than the last couple of years.
Sayeedaomer

Post by Sayeedaomer »

Any predictions as to what the cut off score is going to be this year? Will a score of 115 be sufficient to get in
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Sayeedaomer wrote:Any predictions as to what the cut off score is going to be this year? Will a score of 115 be sufficient to get in
Should be I think. The numbers sitting seem a little lower. The qualifying mark is the same. Similar number have qualified from catchment as last year. The last two years have have cut offs of 114.xx on allocations day, with it going down as they take form the waiting list. I'd guess it will be much the same.

Obviously you need to wait until 1st march to be sure.
Sayeedaomer

Post by Sayeedaomer »

Thanks Tinkers- all the best to all the parents out there and all fingers and toes crossed
Sayeedaomer

Post by Sayeedaomer »

Hello, just been pondering on how this years scores could correlate with last years scores and agree that last year the same no. Qualified in catchment for Kendrick which is 170 but the no. of children qualifying out of catchment last year was more than this year- around 80 children less have qualified in total out of catchment this year- does that mean the cut off score will increase compared to last year ? Can anyone explain or does anyone have an idea? Thanksxxx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

It shouldn't make much difference as those ooc are only admitted once all those in catchment who qualify have been given a place.
Sayeedaomer

Post by Sayeedaomer »

Hi Tinkers, totally agree with the fact that occ kids get preference less compared to ic kids but we do not know how many ic children have scored and how they have performed- Last year occ kids out of top 100 were 47 but this year as less occ qualified this 47 would decrease as well and the top 150 kids would drecrease as well would that mean the cut off would increase? As the no. Of kids have performed well who are in the catchment itself. Hope I am not going round and round in circles herexx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Last year 173 in catchment girls qualified, this year 170 in catchment girls qualified. How the ooc girls have done doesn't make any difference really. The top 96 in catchment who can be offered Kendrick will get the places out of that 170. The only thing we don't know is how many of that 170 will actually apply to kendrick or will put another school as a higher preference (and will get that school) even if they do apply for kendrick. At this moment no one can tell you that since no one actually knows that yet.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now