Slough Consortium Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rsuk1995

Slough Consortium Appeal

Post by rsuk1995 »

Hi Team
My DD has passed with good score in Bucks but we are out of catchment , we are 1 to 2 miles away from last year allocation. I mean to Chesham grammar we are 14 miles away last year allocated upto 12.6 mile . For Dr.Challanor High school last year allocated upto 10.9 miles . But our house is 11.9 miles . I am not sure whether it is realistic choice or not to put the above schools in our CAF form.

Another question . For Slough consortium we come under general admission area . But MY DD got 110 just missed by 1 mark.
My question is is there any possibility ,if we apply to Upton court grammar school and appeal. I am sure my dd did her exam well and she lost her marks due to her age as she born in Sept.

With 110 marks can I put Slough schools in CAF form ? Please advice with previous experience if any one undergone same situation.
Tinkers

Re: Slough Consortium Appeal

Post by Tinkers »

Firstly can I recommend you visit the appeal section here
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is nothing to stop you putting any of these schools down on your CAF, if fact you should if you intend to appeal. You can't appeal until March when you have been refused a place. However you will need to be realistic about your chances of getting a place (which you seem to be) and your chances for actually winning an appeal.

TBH I don't really hear of many people appealing for Slough, so I'm not sure what the success rate might be. In this case you will be appealing for non qualification and you will need to prove academic ability. Be prepared not to win and be pleasantly surprised if you do.

Standardisation will take into account her September birthday, so this is not a point you should look at. You don't have 'marks added' or 'marks taken away' due to age. DC are simply compared to other children born in the same month.

At this stage make sure you include a school on your CAF that you are happy with and that you are confident you will get a place. Otherwise you will probably end up with a school you really don't want, possibly some distance away, as it will be whatever school your LA can give you.