berks buck 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

The Slough tests are all multi-choice, and the word of mouth is that you need about 80% to pass, but aim for 85% to be sure as it depends on the cohort.
The marks are compared with those of children of the same age in months, and older children generally need more than younger ones but there is no official data about the difference.
In fact the standardisation for age is calculated according to the average score for the pupils for each month. If the average for the month is higher than the general average for the cohort, pupils with this birth month will need a higher raw score for the same standardised score, and vice-versa if the average for the birth month is lower.
In general, the average of younger children is lower than these of older ones, but it doesn't have to be always the case.
No one is sure of what the difference in term of raw score is. I would adventure a guess of 5% but it is only a guess..
The advised pass mark would be for the oder children, but it is best to be on the safe side and aim for 85%+ anyway. For Bucks, the pass mark is said to be 86%+ [why precisely 86%, I don't know..]
Please don't worry about asking questions. As you said, it is best to try not leave anything to chance
el

Post by el »

Wow! so much knowledge, how did you get to know so much! lucky for me though. We are taking it easy at the moment with the intention of really working hard from Jan onwards so I may need your help then.

thanx again, its great to know i'm not alone

el
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

el wrote:Wow! so much knowledge, how did you get to know so much!
I have spent too much time on this forum :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now