Transport from Reading East to Slough Schools (2017 Entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
panit

Re: Transport from Reading East to Slough Schools (2017 Entr

Post by panit »

Hi 11plusmomquery

That's what I thought and called the school. But when you call the school on 01753 527020 and option 3 for admissions, you'd hear from he automated message that deadline for supplementary forms to be returned is 31 Oct, Monday as opposed to 16 Oct. So I am considering sending the Supplementary forms A and B anyway.
dlb

Post by dlb »

Unless supplementary form B was received by 16th October, in the over subscription criteria your child will be classified as no.12 in this criteria "any other children".
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
11plusmomquery

Post by 11plusmomquery »

thanks for your reply panit

we also live in reading and looking at options. Herschel, St. Bernards and Upton Court is our order of preference like you.

just wanted to chek with you why have you not considered langley
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

There seem to be a few East Reading Parents looking at Slough schools this year? Do you really consider them better options over some of the Wokingham schools?
11plusmomquery

Post by 11plusmomquery »

Thanks for your reply

I could not find reports which suggests wokingham schools are better over Slough Grammar school.

Can you please advice
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Nearly all the WBC schools are currently good or outstanding according to Oftsed, with the added advantage of being much easier to get to, so your DC has more time to do homework and other activities. It also allows them to have more local friends (which is also useful from a school work point of view when they have left a book at school and for group projects.)

Yes, their GCSE and A levels will not match those of GSs, but as they are mixed ability, that's what you would expect. Most if not all will set students and the higher ability students will do well.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Police figures reveal there were nearly 600 crashes on the M4 between Theale and Maidenhead in a year.

getreading has obtained the figures from Thames Valley Police which show there were 579 crashes on the M4 in Berkshire between January 2016 and last month.

We asked for the total number of incidents in both directions between junction 12 at Theale and junctions 8/9 at Maidenhead.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readin ... 4-12582199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This section of the M4 is being 'upgraded' to a smart motorway, which may cause further delays during the upgrade and bedding in process. A journey to avoid.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I currently am working with a colleague from Slough who commutes to Reading for work everyday, and we saw this article. His own DC goes to schools in Slough.

He is regularly late for work due to the M4, even when he doesn't use it, as the knock on effect from any M4 incidents causes him grief on other roads. I mentioned that some people consider going to Slough schools from Reading and he was quite shocked that anyone would consider it.
joes

Post by joes »

DS got admission in St.Bernards. Would like to know if there is any existing Transport options available from Reading/Tilehurst/Earley areas. Happy to join if anyone planning to set up a new pool for the Sep 2018. Kindly let me know.
FAM79

Post by FAM79 »

Hi Panit, hows your experience going on your DD pick drop to Uptown court or HGS ... my DD also got the same score 117 this year and and she has 108.39 for Kendrick chances are there for Slough schools but very less for Kendrick ..

would you advise how did you manage your DD pickdrop.

Regards