Moving to Reading! Which area is best?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: Moving to Reading! Which area is best?

Post by Tinkers »

Berks_mum was in catchment but lived a fair distance away and has now moved closer to give her DD an easier journey.
If your DD is taking the test in September, you will need to be in catchment before the end of August I believe. Please check the admissions criteria. Before this year you needed to be in catchment at the time of applying for the test.

No one ooc has got a place since a catchment was introduced. Please be warned that Reading council are quite diligent about checking addresses, at least they have been in the past.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Having just seen a post in the Kent forum about pupil heat maps, I thought I'd look at Kendrick's.

https://www.schoolguide.co.uk/schools/k ... ol-reading" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down to the bottom to see the heat map. TBH I'm not surprised.
mpsv

moving school just before grammar school entrance

Post by mpsv »

Hello mums ,

Have anybody in the past done a school move just before the grammar school entrance exam , will this affect the children's performance . Please advise
New location

Thanks
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I would have thought it would be disruptive. Can't you wait till after? I hope this is not based on moving into catchment as I think you need to be in place when you apply not when you take the exam (or at least some time before the exam - varies by school).