11+ Registration

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rhiane

11+ Registration

Post by rhiane »

Hi,

I think I know the answer to this already but my friend didn't register her son in time (she had problems uploading a picture) she also thought the cutoff was the same as Bucks (30th)
Is there anything she can do? or is that it finished, she's really upset!

Can her son take the 12+/entrance exam at a later stage? I know it's not possible for someone who has taken the 11+ and not qualified, but is this an option for her?

Many Thanks
R
Tinkers

Re: 11+ Registration

Post by Tinkers »

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately unless there was extenuating circumstances and she has proof, late entries are not usually accepted by Reading school. I'm not sure about the Slough schools but I'd expect them to be the same. There's no harm in trying though.
If she was having problems with the photo and there's an email trail, she might have some hope.

There is no 12+ as such in Reading or Slough, only in year admissions if a space becomes available. Y
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Thank you for your reply.

I think she knows that there's nothing she can do!
She's obviously very upset as her son is definitely Grammar School material.

At least there's the possibility of an in year admission should a place become available.

Many thanks again
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

She will need to make sure she reads the n year admissions policy and ask to be put on the list. Then if a place comes up she will be contacted.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

PLEASE NOTE: The online system will close at midday on 20th June 2017.  Late registration will not 
be accepted unless in accordance with the admissions policy. 

http://www.reading-school.co.uk/uploads ... n-2018.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Applications received after the deadline
Applications received after the deadline will be treated as late applications and will not be accepted. However,
applications that are received late for a good reason may be considered, if evidence of exceptional circumstances
are given. Such cases might be if illness prevented a single parent/carer from returning the form on time, if the
reason for lateness is supported in writing by a medical professional involved..............final decision on whether there are exceptional circumstances will be made by the Director of Admissions.
They have tightened up on late applications in recent years.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now