Any junior chess club in Reading area / share coach?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
keeven

Any junior chess club in Reading area / share coach?

Post by keeven »

We just moved to Reading. I'm surprised that there is no junior chess club in Reaing, given it is such a big town (or I didn't find it ? ) My son is in Year 4, he started playing it since last year and quite enjoying it. We managed to contact a chess coach, who is said to be good. I think the good idea is to have several pupils to learn and play together. (the coach said he can teach 4 as a group, likely be on Thursday early evenings) Is there any kids of similar age and of entry level would like to join?
Reading Mum

Re: Any junior chess club in Reading area / share coach?

Post by Reading Mum »

I hope you find some other interested kids. I'd suggest taking a look on Facebook for your area of Reading as there are some very active groups that might be able to help.
My DD loved chess but she went to an after school club at her own school which brought in a coach - that might be why you are not finding any public club offerings. Which area of Reading?
keeven

Post by keeven »

We live in south Reading. it's said the closest junior club is at Crowthorne, quite far...
I hope some kids can join with my son, the meeting venue is likely at town centre on Thursday early evening, to de decided yet.
Reading Mum wrote:I hope you find some other interested kids. I'd suggest taking a look on Facebook for your area of Reading as there are some very active groups that might be able to help.
My DD loved chess but she went to an after school club at her own school which brought in a coach - that might be why you are not finding any public club offerings. Which area of Reading?
StackOverFlow

Post by StackOverFlow »

We tentatively interested in Thur evening. Central reading or north of river (even better).