Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:06 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 pm
Posts: 6
What feedback did you get from your child? Mine said it was hard. Not a good sign. I just wondered how the others felt about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:24 pm
Posts: 696
You can't tell at all from What they say!
It's a cohort exam: 30% will "pass" the exam, the other 70% will be "not elegible".
So if it was hard, every child will get a lower raw score and the passing raw score will be less. There will still be 30% of entering children with a standardised score of 111 or over.

So try not to worry, if your DC found it difficult, so will have all the others. cEM is notorious for having many questions in not-enough-time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 1014
Aethel wrote:
You can't tell at all from What they say!
It's a cohort exam: 30% will "pass" the exam, the other 70% will be "not elegible".
So if it was hard, every child will get a lower raw score and the passing raw score will be less. There will still be 30% of entering children with a standardised score of 111 or over.

So try not to worry, if your DC found it difficult, so will have all the others. cEM is notorious for having many questions in not-enough-time.


+1


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021