Reading school results 2017 (2018 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
targetrbs

Re: Reading school results 2017 (2018 entry)

Post by targetrbs »

Yes it is confusing indeed. As Tinkers suggested it could be late sitters that were counted as total applicants but not in Qualified or maybe boarding applicants that were in IC at the time of sitting the exam.
danny11

Post by danny11 »

Thank you targetrbs & Tinkers. I get it now.
Autumn-sky

Post by Autumn-sky »

OOC_dad wrote:Hi All,

There is a second ROI for Reading school, asking for DOB month and score.

See https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... v.txt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(This will need to be sorted by score)

Together from the previous ROI (with DA YES/NO) you can pretty much find your DS rank
The last nine results at the bottom of the list are so impressive. Any idea why they are listed separately , not being merged into the main part? Anything to do with the late sittings?
QUEENMA

Re: Reading school results 2017 (2018 entry) - IC and OOC

Post by QUEENMA »

Can I ask , is it safe to assume a place at Reading school if your DS has a score above 111.6 - which is the 138th IC score.

What happens if Out of catchment boys who have higher scores decide to move into catchment - will this change the 138th score or do these boys get placed on waiting list ?

Many thanks
Queenma
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

They still won’t be counted as being in catchment.
QUEENMA

Post by QUEENMA »

Ok cool. Thanks Tinkers.
So safe to assume that all the boys who were IC at the time of filling the form and who have scored 111.6 and above should be offered a place in the first list.

Is there any reason / condition that the above might not be true ?

Thanks again
Queenma
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If there’s a number of looked after, SEN with statements and PP qualified etc (see admissions criteria) DS then everyone moves down the ranking.
I wouldn’t expect huge numbers of those though.
Hasher768

Post by Hasher768 »

danny11 wrote:
Hasher768 wrote:BlueBerry wrote:
No!

Thanks, I thought so as well. But got confused with the other post.

KH
Very confusing as we went from 195 IC qualified to 200 IC qualified without increasing the number of total qualified. :shock:

I think it includes the boarding students as well. The FAQs on Reading website suggests, 195 day applicants passed that were in catchment so assuming the other 5 are the boarding ones.
Tinku

Post by Tinku »

Tinkers wrote:If there’s a number of looked after, SEN with statements and PP qualified etc (see admissions criteria) DS then everyone moves down the ranking.

Better someone that is interested raise a FOI with Reading school asking for SEN and Pupil Premium candidates in DA for Sep 2018 entry
mad?

Post by mad? »

Tinku wrote:
Tinkers wrote:If there’s a number of looked after, SEN with statements and PP qualified etc (see admissions criteria) DS then everyone moves down the ranking.

Better someone that is interested raise a FOI with Reading school asking for SEN and Pupil Premium candidates in DA for Sep 2018 entry
Unless hopefully everyone realises that would be an appalling waste of (our) public money and accepts that what will be will be and they will just have to wait like everyone else does. There is privilege in having the option of selective education and then there is abuse of it in expecting everyone else to pay for the naval gazing of it.
mad?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now