Kendrick School Tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
clare

Kendrick School Tests

Post by clare »

Hi All

I am new to this site and have found the various posts concerning Kendrick School so very useful and helpful.

I wonder if someone can conclusively put my mind to rest with respect to the NFER test (standard) that they administer. i.e Total number of questions and time allowed for each paper.

thanks
Clare
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

the Moving On document for 2007 secondary school entry is now available on Reading Borough Council web site it states ( but do your own research ! )

Entrance Tests
The entrance tests will be taken at Kendrick
School.
There will be two tests each of length
approximately one hour.
They will cover
i) NFER Verbal Reasoning
ii) NFER Non-Verbal Reasoning
No past papers are available but similar
papers can be purchased from reputable
stationers such as W.H. Smith. Currently
these are “11+ Practice” (standard version)
published by NFER Nelson.

I wish the info. for Reading School wasas detailed.

stevew61

Reading School - English, Maths & Reasoning (VR+NVR) -17

Post by Guest »

Dear Stevew61,

From Reading School website (http://www.readingschool.reading.sch.uk/ ):

There are 112 places in total comprising of 12 boarders (maximum) and 100 day-boys (minimum).

Date set aside for the tests : Friday 17 November 2006

There will be three tests each of length approximately one hour. The tests will cover:

Reasoning [verbal or non-verbal(abstract)]
English
Mathematics

The tests will build on current good practice adopted in primary schools and will be tests for which no additional preparation is necessary.
No past papers are available and no further information with respect to the tests will be given.

I quite like the idea that it is also a boarding school, but with only 12 places?!

P.S. The books for Kendricks can alternatively be bought from this website:

Nfer verbal reasoning standard

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... %3D3%23b12

Nfer non-verbal reasoning standard

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... %3D3%23b13
Clare

Kendrick School tests

Post by Clare »

Dear stevew61 and guest.

Many thanks for your helpful replies. One thing that I have not been able to find out is if the Nfer test papers available from the bookshop mirror the tests at Kendrick i.e the number of questions and the time allowed for the test.
thanks
Clare
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Sorry can not help further , I have not yet researched Kendrick as it will not be an issue for me until 2012 when my number three child will be looking at secondary schools !

I will ask friends who have older daughters and if I get any useful information will post.

My instinct is that as they direct you to NFER they will be as similar format but with some harder questions so they can get a spread of results.

In my opinion for NVR Bond go further than NFER which is always good practice and AFN are similar allowing extra practice and hopefully confidence boosting higher scores. For VR look at other posts for similar NFER based exam areas i.e Slough and Bucks.

stevew61
clare

Kendrick School tests

Post by clare »

Dear Stevew61

Once again thanks for your reply.

I will go through the info provided and if need be get back to you with more queries.

regards
Clare