Reading School Boarding

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
arvinderps

Re: Reading School Boarding

Post by arvinderps »

Wow Suellen72, 124.4 is a brilliant school, congratulations to your DS, 125 was the highest score for Reading
Yes I will share my experience after my tour tonight. Did you not go to see the boarding facilities?
Today morning we went to see Royal Grammar school and their boarding facilities and personally I was quiet impressed and so was my DS. It is a bit more expensive than the Reading school though
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

arvinderps wrote:Wow Suellen72, 124.4 is a brilliant school, congratulations to your DS, 125 was the highest score for Reading
Yes I will share my experience after my tour tonight. Did you not go to see the boarding facilities?
Today morning we went to see Royal Grammar school and their boarding facilities and personally I was quiet impressed and so was my DS. It is a bit more expensive than the Reading school though
I was at the RGS boarding tour too!
Suellen72

Post by Suellen72 »

arvinderps wrote:Wow Suellen72, 124.4 is a brilliant school, congratulations to your DS, 125 was the highest score for Reading
Many thanks, yes I did get the invite for Thursday's boarding tour but unfortunately I was in business trip Wednesday and Thursday, so had to miss the opportunity. However we did the boarding trial in July, my DS loved it. The two boarders who showed us around were polite, confident and very thorough. It would be very helpful to have some feedback after you have done this Tour. we have applied for several schools and so far Reading Boys school won our heart in the overall admission and exam organisation and follow on actions from their part.
arvinderps

Post by arvinderps »

Suellen72 wrote:
Many thanks, yes I did get the invite for Thursday's boarding tour but unfortunately I was in business trip Wednesday and Thursday, so had to miss the opportunity. However we did the boarding trial in July, my DS loved it. The two boarders who showed us around were polite, confident and very thorough. It would be very helpful to have some feedback after you have done this Tour. we have applied for several schools and so far Reading Boys school won our heart in the overall admission and exam organisation and follow on actions from their part.
We went for the boarding tour yesterday evening for Reading and to be honest I like the boarding facilities of Royal Grammar much better than the Reading school. The Dorms in Reading were a bit too cramp and there was very little personal space. The Dorms in RGS had a working table, a big cupboard and an individual bed for each of the child in the Dorm whereas in Reading there was one table for 3 children and 2 of the beds were buunk-beds. I am totally confused now. Whereas academically I would like my DS to go for Reading, the boarding facilities are better in RGS. Its not going to be easy decision as they have to stay there for 5 years
arvinderps

Post by arvinderps »

BlueBerry wrote:
I was at the RGS boarding tour too!
Hi Blueberry
We must have seen each other as there were only 8 - 9 families for the boarding tour.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Yes :)

I'm really cross with myself though. I didn't see so much of the school as we ran out of time.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now