Missing UID Screen in Online Portal for old credentials

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tirukami

Missing UID Screen in Online Portal for old credentials

Post by tirukami »

I am filling the CAF Form currently for Reading Borough Council and I logged in my previous credentials for the portal instead of new registration and added my child to start the secondary school application process.

I proceeded till school selection and added two schools to the list as well but I was not asked to enter UID for my child. As per the council letter received from school and the admission guide provided in website, this UID uniquely identifies the application.

I called the school admission team of Reading Borough council and clarified the same. The said, UID Screen will appear for newly registered user and not for existing credentials and said its fine as long as they have child name, D.O.B etc.

Any one else facing the same issue or got similar response from Council? If this is like to cause any trouble, I will go based on paper form....After all the efforts of 11plus etc , I dont want to add any complications w.r.t application filling...

Thanks!
target14

Re: Missing UID Screen in Online Portal for old credentials

Post by target14 »

We had the same issue, but got the confirmation through their system saying that application submitted successfully.

We are planning to call the school admission team to enquire about this issue
tirukami

Re: Missing UID Screen in Online Portal for old credentials

Post by tirukami »

Got below response in email from admission team:

Good Afternoon

It will cause no issues as you simply enter manually your child’s details. The UID prompt is on the right as you go into the application so doesn’t show on some screens until you scroll right.

It will not however hinder the application.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now