Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
reading_parent

Re: KENDRICK 2018 alllocations

Post by reading_parent »

Tinkers wrote:The WL hasn’t gone down that far in the last few years. :(

Hopefully they have a good alternative.
Yes, they have offer from their 2nd choice school. But they are keen on Kendrick so we can only hope it goes those many places.
It would be great if people who have declined offers (or know anyone who has declined) could post here so we would know what kind of movement we are likely to see.
spv

Post by spv »

As places are offered only to IC students and it is the only girls school, this could be one of the reasons for less movement in the WL.
spv

Post by spv »

As per the school website ..

The waiting list has moved by two places
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I had a look back to see what happened last year. It moved 3 places this time last year.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=50436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (I doubt the school admission link works anymore).
ReadingMum18

Post by ReadingMum18 »

My daughter was 4th on the waiting list and was offered a place today :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

ReadingMum18 wrote:My daughter was 4th on the waiting list and was offered a place today :)

Thanks and congrats. I’ve updated the historic data thread.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

ReadingMum18 wrote:My daughter was 4th on the waiting list and was offered a place today :)
Congratulations to your daughter
tirukami

Post by tirukami »

My friend's daughter also got in Kendrick. Waiting list now moved by 5 places. Thanks once again for all your support and input!
fairylights

Post by fairylights »

Hi there. I just happened to read this thread and thought it might be useful to mention that I know a parent who currently has a place for their daughter that they are highly likely to let go. It must be nervewracking being on the list and so I hope this is of some help. Unfortunately I know of parents who, in the past have held on to places they have been offered right up until the start of the academic year and then taken a place at an independent school.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

fairylights wrote:Hi there. I just happened to read this thread and thought it might be useful to mention that I know a parent who currently has a place for their daughter that they are highly likely to let go. It must be nervewracking being on the list and so I hope this is of some help. Unfortunately I know of parents who, in the past have held on to places they have been offered right up until the start of the academic year and then taken a place at an independent school.
Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully they will let it go soon, so the lucky recipient on the waiting list gets to know before the induction day and doesn’t miss it. (Maybe you can give them a gentle nudge too :wink: )