SLOUGH SCHOOLS 2018 allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

joes

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOLS 2018 allocations

Post by joes »

DS got admission in St.Bernards. Would like to know if there is any existing Transport options available from Reading/Tilehurst/Earley areas. Happy to join if anyone planning to set up a new pool for the Sep 2018. Kindly let me know.
Good2701

Post by Good2701 »

Hello,

How can I find the results of the Slough Grammar School if my son has been offered a place or not
Good2701

Post by Good2701 »

do you have the details of any portal where we can see if our DS has got through any slough school?
Bedfont Mum

Post by Bedfont Mum »

KP2590 wrote:My DD got in Upton Court grammar school.

Anyone from Wokingham area going to Upton Court?

Congratulations! Can I ask what score your DD got? Still waiting for the results myself!
tuburn

Post by tuburn »

Our DD has been offered a place in Upton Court Grammar School. We live in Taplow. Driving from Taplow to the school takes around 20-30 minutes via Eton (less traffic and signals). Train is the best option (6 minutes) but my wife is worried to leave our DD on her own in first year at least. But I am sure that there will be many children coming from Taplow, Maidenhead, Twyford and Reading and taking train every day and then bus or walk from Slough station. Any suggestion from the parents would be helpful.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

tuburn wrote:Our DD has been offered a place in Upton Court Grammar School. We live in Taplow. Driving from Taplow to the school takes around 20-30 minutes via Eton (less traffic and signals). Train is the best option (6 minutes) but my wife is worried to leave our DD on her own in first year at least. But I am sure that there will be many children coming from Taplow, Maidenhead, Twyford and Reading and taking train every day and then bus or walk from Slough station. Any suggestion from the parents would be helpful.
There is always this concern when your child is still at primary school. You will find that they grow up so much in the next 6 months. You have plenty of time to practice the journey between now & then, and I'm sure there will be lots of students travelling. Personally I travelled on the London Underground to school from the age of 9 to 11. I travelled with an older neighbour for 2 days & then found a buddy of my own age.
scary mum
Good2701

Post by Good2701 »

Hi,

My DS got 111...any chances at Upton Court this year? whats the lowest score to be admitted.........thanks
Good2701

Post by Good2701 »

Hi,

My second DS got 123....what are the chances of him getting Langley?

Can anyone advise?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

scary mum wrote:
tuburn wrote:Our DD has been offered a place in Upton Court Grammar School. We live in Taplow. Driving from Taplow to the school takes around 20-30 minutes via Eton (less traffic and signals). Train is the best option (6 minutes) but my wife is worried to leave our DD on her own in first year at least. But I am sure that there will be many children coming from Taplow, Maidenhead, Twyford and Reading and taking train every day and then bus or walk from Slough station. Any suggestion from the parents would be helpful.
There is always this concern when your child is still at primary school. You will find that they grow up so much in the next 6 months. You have plenty of time to practice the journey between now & then, and I'm sure there will be lots of students travelling. Personally I travelled on the London Underground to school from the age of 9 to 11. I travelled with an older neighbour for 2 days & then found a buddy of my own age.
Completely agree with SM. Your ‘little’ year 6 will look to be way too small for secondary right now, but trust us, they will be fine. They soon take it in their stride. Best thing to do is a few practice runs over the summer, and discuss the ‘what ifs’ that might happen and how to deal with them. Within a week or two of starting , you will wonder why you were so worried.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Good2701 wrote:do you have the details of any portal where we can see if our DS has got through any slough school?
Your results will come via your LA, where are you based?
mad?