SLOUGH SCHOOLS 2018 allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

SLOUGH SCHOOLS 2018 allocations

Post by Tinkers »

In preparation for allocations day this week I've set up this thread, for those who have applied to One of the Slough schools.
I'll update the historic admissions thread with info the school usually provide, however if you wish to, it is may be helpful to others to post your score (if it's around the cutoff mark) as well as saying if you got a place or not.

Scores and waiting list positions may also be helpful, if you are happy to share them.

If you haven't got a place and want to appeal then I suggest you head over to our appeals section first.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you still have questions then head over to the appeals section of the forum.

Any questions about the school etc, please start a new thread and keep this one about places, scores waiting lists etc.
KatharineB

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOLS 2018 allocations

Post by KatharineB »

Results are up for Slough LA on the portal. Bad news for us we are stuck on the waiting list for Burnham Grammar even being just 4.5 miles OOA for now. We didn't get offered a Slough Grammar. Best of luck everyone and please remember to help those out on waiting lists by responding quickly!
KP2590

Post by KP2590 »

My DD got in Upton Court grammar school.

Anyone from Wokingham area going to Upton Court?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Wokingham? :shock: I would be very surprised if many make that journey.
scary mum
KP2590

Post by KP2590 »

Twyford to be precise.

There are frequent trains from Twyford to Slough (15 mins on train).

Thanks.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Fair enough, maybe there will be a few. It sounded like a long way to me!
scary mum
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

scary mum wrote:Fair enough, maybe there will be a few. It sounded like a long way to me!
I thought that too.

KP2590 wrote:Twyford to be precise.

There are frequent trains from Twyford to Slough (15 mins on train).

Thanks.
15mins on the train sounds like a pretty short journey to me. Will she have a long walk to and from the station?
KP2590

Post by KP2590 »

Nope, 1.1 mile from Slough train station to Upton court school. I spoke to school office and most children walk (15 min walk) or take bus (6-8 mins) from train station to school.

I'm just looking for company for my DS from Twyford to Slough on train.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

KP2590 wrote:Nope, 1.1 mile from Slough train station to Upton court school. I spoke to school office and most children walk (15 min walk) or take bus (6-8 mins) from train station to school.

I'm just looking for company for my DS from Twyford to Slough on train.
I think that a 1.1mile will take longer than 15mins walk? DS has a 0.9walk from the station and it took us around 20mins to walk that distance.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Do think about your backup options if you are going to take up the place from Twyford: it takes a good 30-40 mins to drive, and more in rush hour. Also remember the walk from home to station in all weathers: fine if you live 10 mins away, but a journey of 25 mins walk-10 mins wait for train-15 mins train-25 mins to school will be very tiring and sometimes cold.

(My DD takes the train, though not to UCGS, and waiting for delayed trains is the biggest issue we have had so far. Great Western is notorious for signalling issues on the Paddington-Reading line!)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now