Winnersh / Twyford / Wokingham areas to Upton Court school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KP2590

Winnersh / Twyford / Wokingham areas to Upton Court school

Post by KP2590 »

MY DD will be starting at Upton Court from Sep 2018, Wondering if any one from Winnersh / Twyford /Wokingham areas are going to Upton court school?
We are considering train from Twyford to Slough, would like to know if there are other children from these areas and if there are any other transport options available.
Tinkers

Re: Winnersh / Twyford / Wokingham areas to Upton Court scho

Post by Tinkers »

Given the traffic issues on local roads (especially when the M4 is stuffed, as that affects everything else) the train is likely to be the best option.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The first page of this thread has some discussion about this
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=53668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Knoltrap

Post by Knoltrap »

I do know that a bunch of kids from Lower Early go to the Slough grammar schools. They have pooled up and hired a mini van to ferry the kids around.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Knoltrap wrote:I do know that a bunch of kids from Lower Early go to the Slough grammar schools. They have pooled up and hired a mini van to ferry the kids around.

As parents, anyone who uses this, please check the operator has the required insurance, vehicle checks,licenses etc.

On this forum, We have come across private minibus services without the required paperwork, and in some cases unroadworthy vehicles. They have been immediately taken off the road and left DCs without transport.