Back up Seondary schools in Taplow/Burnam area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mgm3

Re: Back up Seondary schools in Taplow/Burnam area

Post by mgm3 »

mgm3 wrote:
Tinkers wrote:Reading is also 4 on the CAF like Wokingham.

I think WBC are being a bit disingenuous there by saying you can move in when you like.
See this especially page 2.
http://www.maidenerleghschool.co.uk/att ... 5&type=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though tbh it will be the finding of a primary place that is going to a bigger issue. The primaries around Earley/Lower Earley are in high demand.
Thanks Tinkers. Bit busy with Financial year-end activities so just got a chance to look into your reply.
Even I though so about the WBC response over phone.
From the document I could see that the address provided by 31Oct17 ( but for next year entry I think that would be 31Oct18 ?) .
However I’m bit confused with the following section in page 2. Does that mean one can move to a new house until 15Jan2019 ( for this year) to be considered for 1st round of allocations? Please let me know

If an applicant is moving house and wishes to use the new address for the allocation of places, evidence will be required that the parent and child have moved and are living in the new home by 15 January 2018. If the move takes place later or information is provided later, the school will only be able to treat the new address for waiting list purposes and consider this information after the initial allocation of places has taken place.

Also by any chance would you have 2019 admission policy?

Regarding the primary school places, shouldn't they offer any of the nearby schools, if we move there?
Tinkers, All,
If possible, Can you please clarify on this query -

From the document I could see that the address provided by 31Oct17 ( but for next year entry I think that would be 31Oct18 ?) .
However I’m bit confused with the following section in page 2. Does that mean one can move to a new house until 15Jan2019 ( for this year) to be considered for 1st round of allocations? Please let me know

If an applicant is moving house and wishes to use the new address for the allocation of places, evidence will be required that the parent and child have moved and are living in the new home by 15 January 2018. If the move takes place later or information is provided later, the school will only be able to treat the new address for waiting list purposes and consider this information after the initial allocation of places has taken place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now