Staines to Langley Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vinkhub

Re: Staines to Langley Grammar

Post by vinkhub »

It's reassuring that other children take that bus from Wraysbury.

Thanks for suggestions and support. These are the responses from various options mentioned on LGS website.

[Reply from Courtney Buses (Route 11)]
I can confirm that the nearest stop for you will be Post Office in Wraysbury Village. We currently have no plans to alter the route.

[Reply from: New Bharat / Bus2School]
Thank you for registering your interest in bus2school.co.uk.
By early July we hope to be able to put school routes on to our website as we need time to analyse interest and create school routes from your enquiry.

On phone, they suggested they don't have any service for Staines.

[Reply from Fargo Coaches]
Unfortunately, we do not cover Staines and we cannot increase our current service. We do run to and from Datchet Trains station so I don’t know if this would be a viable option for your children.

[Reply from psansons@btconnect.com - Taxi on LGS website]
Cost for a saloon Car £65 per day –share it with up to 4 passengers per vehicle (EQUIVALENT TO £15 PER PASSENGER)
Cost for MPV would be lower- minimum 6 passengers £79.50 PER DAY (EQUIVALENT TO £12.45 PER PASSENGER)
Cost for Minibus would be considerably lower still- minimum 8 passengers £95.60 PER DAY (EQUIVALENT TO £11.95PER PASSENGER)
rhiane

Re: Staines to Langley Grammar

Post by rhiane »

vinkhub wrote:It's reassuring that other children take that bus from Wraysbury.

Thanks for suggestions and support. These are the responses from various options mentioned on LGS website.

[Reply from Courtney Buses (Route 11)]
I can confirm that the nearest stop for you will be Post Office in Wraysbury Village. We currently have no plans to alter the route.

[Reply from: New Bharat / Bus2School]
Thank you for registering your interest in bus2school.co.uk.
By early July we hope to be able to put school routes on to our website as we need time to analyse interest and create school routes from your enquiry.

On phone, they suggested they don't have any service for Staines.

[Reply from Fargo Coaches]
Unfortunately, we do not cover Staines and we cannot increase our current service. We do run to and from Datchet Trains station so I don’t know if this would be a viable option for your children.

[Reply from psansons@btconnect.com - Taxi on LGS website]
Cost for a saloon Car £65 per day –share it with up to 4 passengers per vehicle (EQUIVALENT TO £15 PER PASSENGER)
Cost for MPV would be lower- minimum 6 passengers £79.50 PER DAY (EQUIVALENT TO £12.45 PER PASSENGER)
Cost for Minibus would be considerably lower still- minimum 8 passengers £95.60 PER DAY (EQUIVALENT TO £11.95PER PASSENGER)
So other than car share the only real option is the #11bus!
It is now very reliable and I know it gets to Wraysbury just after 4pm.

I know of 2 children from Staines who travel to UCGS on the 11 bus and they are quite happy, they live close to Lammas so the other side of Staines from you.
Would the train from/to Staines work at all? it gets in to Wraysbury at about 7.12 and the bus leaves Wraysbury staion at about 7.22 ish (This would be a problem if it was late or missed) coming back your DC could get the bus from The Toby area to Wraysbury station (or even Datchet) then the train to Staines which leaves Wraysbury 12mins past the hour or 42mins to the hour.

Best of luck