Exam done - Now what?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mgm3

Re: Exam done - Now what?

Post by mgm3 »

Tinkers wrote:
A4Armadillo wrote:mgm3 - was your DD at Kendrick in the morning? If so, the whole school was affected.

I've not seen any discussion on here. When my reply to a conversation on another thread at the weekend didn't appear on the board I wondered if that was because of a short comment I made at the end about the same issue. But if we are permitted to discuss it here that's helpful. Thank you Tinkers for the advice about writing to the school. There could be a lot of letters in the post.
I don’t recall seeing the post you mentioned that didn’t appear and can’t see it in the moderator logs.

If the whole school was affected then they will obviously be fully aware of the issue. It would be the classroom smart board and not a projector as such. What were they using the smart board for? The CD? The option not to use the CD is one that may be taken for the CEM test if there is an issue. Obviously all the girls taking the test were affected.

Apparently according to DD (who has just walked in) the server was down.
hi , Sorry for delay in reply. Just back to my laptop. Well it seems there was an IT issue where the instuctions CD and the Clock ( for CEM test) was not working. In the first half it affected all the students in the exam centre it seems. But in the second session after the break, the instruction CD and the clock ( projected onto a board as per DD) were not working in her hall only. As a result she couldn't calculate the time for the pending questions in the test .And it was just a minute before the exam , the examiner reminded of the time. So I think it was a disadvantage for the specific room . So not sure if I can report this to anyone? Please advise.
anotherdad

Re: Exam done - Now what?

Post by anotherdad »

Report it to the invigilator but I expect it has already been reported. Then, if you have to go down the appeal route and wish to raise the situation as a factor, there will be something official to refer to but as advised in another region where a similar problem occurred, it wouldn't be a substitute for strong academic evidence in an appeal.