Moving into Langley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
joe

Moving into Langley

Post by joe »

Hi All,

MY DD scored 111 and we thinking of moving int Langley. Is it mandatory that we need to move with 31st october?

What if we move within mar 2018. Will they consider this for within catchment?.

Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Moving into Langley

Post by ToadMum »

joe wrote:Hi All,

MY DD scored 111 and we thinking of moving int Langley. Is it mandatory that we need to move with 31st october?

Thanks
All that waiting until after March 1st will achieve is possibly moving up the waiting list, if your DC isn’t initially allocated a place from where you live currently.

You need to read the school's admissions policy very carefully, with regard to address used for first round allocation of places, as to whether movement from OOC will be allowed as a change in the address used and if so, by what date.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Thanks
I think you may be too late?
This is from their 2019 admissions policy:

Applicants must be resident at that address on the closing date for the Common Application Form on 31st October 2018 and have been continuously resident at the same address since 1st May 2018, ie six months prior to the closing date for the Common Application Form. The school may check the authenticity of the address stated; proof of residence or further information may be requested and must be provided.

Their oversubscription policy is detailed on their website
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Thanks
If you move before after that, you may be considered for the 2nd round (I'm not sure?) but it's a popular school so very much doubt there will be places left.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now