Result Dates for Slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
viking

Result Dates for Slough

Post by viking »

Hi All,

Any idea when the results for Slough consortium be announced?

Thanks
V
Tinkers

Re: Result Dates for Slough

Post by Tinkers »

There’s no mention of dates on any of the websites but in the past it’s usually been mid October.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Last year we had an email at lunchtime (Thurs 12th Oct) which said that the results will be available via the portal at 4pm that day.

I had called the schools earlier the same day to be told that we would get an email when they are available, I didn't expect it to be later that day! I thought it would be the day after which would have been the same day as the Bucks were released as for the previous 3 years Slough and Bucks came out on the same day.

Best of luck, not long now.
hel_tcw

Post by hel_tcw »

The 2 times my dc sat the test we had results on a Friday (16th Oct 2015 for 2016 staet) and then a Thursday (12th Oct 2017 for 2018 start).

It seems to be about 5 weeks after the test was sat and in time for dp to talk to the grammar schools if they need to before they break up for the half-term hols.

Good luck and make sure you have checked the admissions policies as some need extra things doing by the time the CAF is due.
Cocobella

Post by Cocobella »

Hi hel_tcw...am intrigued by the 'extra things' you mention...can you enlighten us further?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Some schools ask for a SIF (supplementary information form) that also needs to be submitted separately.

An example would be a church school having a form to be signed by a priest to confirm regular church attendance or a form to prove the child receives FSM. The school website/LA will give info on what is required.
hel_tcw

Post by hel_tcw »

hel_tcw wrote:The 2 times my dc sat the test we had results on a Friday (16th Oct 2015 for 2016 staet) and then a Thursday (12th Oct 2017 for 2018 start).

It seems to be about 5 weeks after the test was sat and in time for dp to talk to the grammar schools if they need to before they break up for the half-term hols.

Good luck and make sure you have checked the admissions policies as some need extra things doing by the time the CAF is due.
As Tinkers says, some schools have a supplementary form that also needs filling in - St Bernards grammar, being a faith school, asks for it. If you don't fill it in then it puts you a lot lower down the list (bottom I believe).
Or some schools have tighter catchment areas as well - worth checking to see if you need to anything else before end October :-)
Gloriousparent

Post by Gloriousparent »

rhiane wrote:Last year we had an email at lunchtime (Thurs 12th Oct) which said that the results will be available via the portal at 4pm that day.

I had called the schools earlier the same day to be told that we would get an email when they are available, I didn't expect it to be later that day! I thought it would be the day after which would have been the same day as the Bucks were released as for the previous 3 years Slough and Bucks came out on the same day.

Best of luck, not long now.

Bucks Results are out now in post....Waiting for the Reading/Slough !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now