SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Post by Tinkers »

I don’t know what the residency rules are for the Slough schools and when you need to move by to have your new address considered. In some areas this is the end of October, but I don’t personally know if Slough are different. Have you checked this for yourself?

You should always put down a School you are happy with that you are sure you will get.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Rubi wrote:Hi need some advice, we have three options(Hampshire) to choose in CAF. My son got 111 and we r moving next month within 4 miles of Hershel. Is it good to place one comprehensive school at last option. 1- Hershel 2- Upton 3- Any comprehensive. I'm so confused whether he gets admission in grammar with these marks or not.
Sorry just a quickie, i'm a bit busy at the moment.

How far will you be from Upton?
Rubi

Post by Rubi »

Tinkers wrote:I don’t know what the residency rules are for the Slough schools and when you need to move by to have your new address considered. In some areas this is the end of October, but I don’t personally know if Slough are different. Have you checked this for yourself?

You should always put down a School you are happy with that you are sure you will get.

Yes, I have read thoroughly each school admission polices and confirm by email to schools . For Herschel we have to give permanent address of catchment before 31 Oct and has to mention the moving date. Is it right if I choose last option of comprehensive. If someone don't get place in either of preferred grammar schools what they do in this situation.
Rubi

Post by Rubi »

rhiane wrote:
Rubi wrote:Hi need some advice, we have three options(Hampshire) to choose in CAF. My son got 111 and we r moving next month within 4 miles of Hershel. Is it good to place one comprehensive school at last option. 1- Hershel 2- Upton 3- Any comprehensive. I'm so confused whether he gets admission in grammar with these marks or not.

Our new address be 0.5 miles away from Hershel and 1.5 miles away from Upton. The marks are 111 so should I put one comprehensive school
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If you only put down the two GS and don’t put down any other schools, then if you are not allocated either GS, then the LA (presumably Hampshire, but not sure what they do if you’ve moved) allocates whatever School they can give you a place at. This may not be a School you would be happy with and it may be quite a distance from your home, especially if you have moved.
This is why I stated Put one School down you will be happy with that you know you will get. I think this may now be complicated by your move, as you’ll need to check each school’s residency rules as well.

It sounds like you won’t be in catchment for Herschel before the end of October, so your Hampshire address will be used for the first allocations on the 1st March. No one knows what the 4 mile area will do to allocations as it is new.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Rubi wrote:
rhiane wrote:

Our new address be 0.5 miles away from Hershel and 1.5 miles away from Upton. The marks are 111 so should I put one comprehensive school
I agree with Tinkers, if you move by 31 Oct you have a good chance for Herschel and possibly Upton, (Upton reserve a few places after rank for distance)
My DSs friend got a place at Upton this year with a score of 111 (he lives in Slough) and my DD's friend's sister (no sibling policy at Upton) was offered off the waiting list (June time I think?) I can't remember her score but do remember she was 36th on the waiting list at one point and she lives almost 5 miles away (straight line)

Unfortunately if you don't move by 31st it could really put a spanner in the works as a score of 111 is unlikely to be enough for any of the Slough schools if you're not fairly close.

Best of luck
Smart123

Post by Smart123 »

Hi
Can someone advise me that for slough consortium eligible cut off marks can go down from 111 to...As my son is only 1 mark away so is there any possibility.
Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

111 is the qualifying score so no, they won’t take below that.
Smart123

Post by Smart123 »

Thanks tinkers
What can I do if DC is only 1 mark away any advise please .
Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Smart123 wrote:Thanks tinkers
What can I do if DC is only 1 mark away any advise please .
Thanks
You could put one of them down on the CAF, get rejected on the 1st March then go to appeal, but I believe appeals are very difficult to win.
Make sure you have other schools on your CAF that you are happy with and would be sure you will get.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now