Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:36 pm 

Hi
Dc scored 110 just 1 mark away .can someone advise can we appeal to remark .What could be the out come.and can we put Herschel on CAF if we are appealing .please advise. What is the process to appeal .how long will it take.
Many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 pm 

The FAQ say you can’t get a remark until after 1st March. Given how the tests are marked I doubt you would have any change in marks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:41 pm 

11nuts wrote:
Which schools have catchment? Will 121 be enough?

You need to look at the historical figures that Tinkers mentioned she had updated, as well as the admissions criteria for the schools you are interested in. Where would your DC be coming from?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:42 pm 

Testimony wrote:
What does all eligible applicants or all that met admissions criteria mean ?

I know that for St Bernards it meant that all Catholics (and probably Christians) who passed the 11+ with a score of 111 or more got in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:55 pm 

scary mum wrote:
11nuts wrote:

You need to look at the historical figures that Tinkers mentioned she had updated, as well as the admissions criteria for the schools you are interested in. Where would your DC be coming from?

Their previous post states:

11nuts wrote:
121, is this good or bad?

We live in Harrow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:08 pm 

11nuts wrote:

121 is a great score and well done to your child. Harrow is a long distance and with that comes it's own complications. I would hope that you read the admissions criteria before entering your child for the Slough test and therefore could understand which you were most likely to get in to. For example - practicing catholic's in Harrow stand a great chance of getting into St Bernard's. Schools with newer, strict catchments you're much less likely to be successful.

The schools are all starting to recognise the benefit of accepting local kids - e.g. - St Bernard's have increase their PAN to 150 and have new oversubscription criteria that recognises children of other faiths that have attended local catholic primary schools.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 pm 

Smart123 wrote:
Hi
Dc scored 110 just 1 mark away .can someone advise can we appeal to remark .What could be the out come.and can we put Herschel on CAF if we are appealing .please advise. What is the process to appeal .how long will it take.
Many thanks

I found this on the Slough CC website, hope it helps.

Can I appeal for my child’s school place?
You have the right to appeal against the allocation of a particular school. Once your son or daughter has been allocated a school place on 1 March 2019, you have a maximum of 20 school days in which to lodge your appeal to the school or schools who did not offer them a place. Appeals are heard on behalf of the school by an independent appeals panel, and must be held within 40 school days of the request being received. Full details of how to appeal will be published on the schools’ websites on 1 March 2019.
There are two possible reasons for an appeal.
1. Your son or daughter scored 111 or more on the 11+ entrance examination, but due to oversubscription was not offered a place at a school to which you had applied.
2. Your son or daughter scored below 111 on the 11+ entrance examination, and was therefore not eligible for consideration. If you intend to appeal in the belief that your son or daughter did not perform according to their ability in the 11+ examination, you must have named the school to which you are appealing on the CAF. This is because you can only appeal against a decision not to offer you a place at a school to which you have made an application.
It also advises you to contact the Slough Grammar Schools Directly

Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:25 pm 

11nuts wrote:
121, is this good or bad?

We live in Harrow.

My nephew goes to Upton court and is in year 8.
He told me that 2 of his friends from harrow who were in his class left as they could not hack the travel every day. So please think carefully about the journey times.

Those kids have now opted to go to a local school in Harrow!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:52 pm 

My DS scored 134.

Regards,

KWY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:07 am 

11nuts wrote:

Had the schools not published their admissions policies by the closing date for registering your DC to sit the exam? This is definitely in contravention of the Admissions Code.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next