SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Aqua

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Post by Aqua »

Data for score above 111

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trimission

Post by trimission »

Aqua wrote:Data for score above 111

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This only shows 1604 records - I presume these are the candidates scoring above 111?
JazyJazy

Post by JazyJazy »

11plus2018 wrote:DD scored 132 .. we are outside catchment.
Well done! Where did she go for tution. As my DDis taking exam in 2019, i m send her for SDE,Slough.
Is this enough for her or I need to do more practice with her?
JazyJazy

Post by JazyJazy »

schalla wrote:My son's score is 133
Well done! Great aceivement! My DD is doing her test in 2019. Please could you guide me... she is already started with SDE tution ,Slough.where did your son go for tution?

Which vocabs books you used?
Where did you book his mock test?
Thanks.
JazyJazy

Post by JazyJazy »

usernamenotfound wrote:DD scored 131, very happy with the score and proud of her :)
Well done!
Can you share some tips how she practise vocabs and which books she used?
My DD is going to do in 2019. Very nervous!!!
Did your DD go to any tution? Mock tests????
JazyJazy

Post by JazyJazy »

kwy wrote:My DS scored 134.

Regards,

KWY
Well done! Is this highest in Slough?
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

What does it matter which score is the “highest”?

Seriously, the score system is only there to try to ensure that more capable children are identified so that GS places go to those brighter children who will suit the more academic pace and benefit. In practice the score system is subverted by over-tutoring especially for Slough and Bucks out of area applicants. But a high score is not something to crow about, it shows that the child performed well compared to the exam cohort on that day.it is impossible to tell whether this is a naturally very bright child, an intelligent child who has practiced good timekeeping and ensured they know all the thjngs that get tested, or whether it is a moderately bright child whose entire life has been put on hold for 2 out of their 11 years, banned from clubs, no video games, reduced playdates, and pressurised into 2-3 hours of “tutor-type work” and huge emotional pressure from parents and family to “pass or else”.

Apologies for the rant but I believe that some parents really do guilt their poor kids into overpreparing for these exams and it can be emotionally very bad for the children’s mental health to be under such pressure.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

[/quote]My DD is going to do in 2019. Very nervous!!![/quote]

I agree with everything that Aethel has said.

It's very early to get so anxious, please be mindful of how this could affect your DC

There are DC in my daughters form (Y10) who still need tuition to keep up, this is because they needed intensive tuition to qualify and really weren't suitable for GS in the first place!
One particular child is very stressed out most of the time and her frame of mind worries my DD.

My DD didn't have outside tuition, but I did do some work with her at home (very hit or miss) from about April until a few weeks before the exam, she also did a few mocks. DS had 1 hour a week outside tuition (term time only) from January until July, also did a few mocks. To be honest I don't know why I bothered sending my son to a tutor, I could have done exactly the same with him at home.
I am glad they both did mocks, neither scored that well on any of them but it didn't bother me at all, but being in that environment, exam conditions in an unfamiliar venue, and pushed for time etc really helped. They both qualified and are now very happy in their GS.

Best of luck, but please don't pass on your panic to your DC.
Zoe007

Post by Zoe007 »

JazyJazy wrote:
kwy wrote:My DS scored 134.

Regards,

KWY
Well done! Is this highest in Slough?

Highest this year was 139 (as in their email)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now