SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

almond

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Post by almond »

hi my dd scored 128 .
can I know if she has good chance of getting the Upton court and Herschelle?
We live about 26 miles away from the school
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

sas03 wrote:Hi All,
I'm new here, can you please advise what is the minimum score to be qualified for the grammar schools in Reading and Slough?
111 is the qualifying score for Slough, Reading and Kendrick are different
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

almond wrote:hi my dd scored 128 .

That's an excellent score.
As Upton take up to 120 in rank order before they go to distance, (reduced a bit by previous criteria such as looked after/feeder schools/staff children etc etc) it's quite likely she would get a place.

Would she/you be able to manage the 52 mile roundtrip commute for the next 7 years?
Is that driving or straight line distance?
If your journey would be from the west keep in mind that the roadworks on the M4 will be causing problems for a few years.
blaised

Post by blaised »

rhiane wrote:
I'm new here, can you please advise what is the minimum score to be qualified for the grammar schools in Reading and Slough?
My results letter from Reading says qualifying score 108.
However Reading day seats are only an option if you live in the catchment area.
DS did pretty well, but we live outside the catchment area and I subsequently received an email from the school,
stating that it was unlikely that he would be offered a day seat, but may be we should consider a boarding seat.
Needless to say Reading GS will not be on my CAF.
I was lax in my research :-(, thank goodness I didn't make DS sit for the Berkshire test only for Reading.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

blaised wrote:
rhiane wrote:
My results letter from Reading says qualifying score 108.
However Reading day seats are only an option if you live in the catchment area.
DS did pretty well, but we live outside the catchment area and I subsequently received an email from the school,
stating that it was unlikely that he would be offered a day seat, but may be we should consider a boarding seat.
Needless to say Reading GS will not be on my CAF.
I was lax in my research :-(, thank goodness I didn't make DS sit for the Berkshire test only for Reading.
The Reading and Berkshire tests are sat on the same day and you can share the scores.
ie: if you sat at Reading you just tick the box to share with Slough and vice versa.

If he got 108 for Reading, it would equate to approx 116-118 for Slough, meaning he would have qualified comfortably for Slough where the qualifying score is 111.
vita

Post by vita »

Where do we tick the box to share the results
MightyMum

Post by MightyMum »

vita wrote:Where do we tick the box to share the results

This was part of the registration process when you signed your child up for the exam.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

vita wrote:Where do we tick the box to share the results

When you registered for the test, you could register for both the Slough schools and Reaidng/Kendrick. You then state on the online form for both where your DC is sitting the test (there are other schools,s who use the same test on the same day and they are listed too).

However you do have to register with both sets for the scores to be shared and this cannot happen retrospectively, ie you can’t ask for that after the test.
almond

Post by almond »

rhiane wrote:

As Upton take up to 120 in rank order before they go to distance, (reduced a bit by previous criteria such as looked after/feeder schools/staff children etc etc) it's quite likely she would get a place.

Would she/you be able to manage the 52 mile roundtrip commute for the next 7 years?
If your journey would be from the west keep in mind that the roadworks on the M4 will be causing problems for a few years.
Thank you . But these are my second/third options as my dd got 118.9x in Kendrick and we prefer Kendrick as first choice and we are in the catchment. Just wanted to understand the probability of getting Upton court/Herschel. If Kendrick was not allocated and we had to chose Upton court they we would certainly move to nearby place for sure. But your information assures me on the allocations above 120 mark ( for Upton and Herschel). Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

almond wrote:
rhiane wrote:

Thank you . But these are my second/third options as my dd got 118.9x in Kendrick and we prefer Kendrick as first choice and we are in the catchment. Just wanted to understand the probability of getting Upton court/Herschel. If Kendrick was not allocated and we had to chose Upton court they we would certainly move to nearby place for sure. But your information assures me on the allocations above 120 mark ( for Upton and Herschel). Thanks
I’d bet my mortgage you would get kendrick with that score, so don’t worry about Slough schools tbh.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now