SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Confused11.1

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Post by Confused11.1 »

Burnhammum wrote:I think Herschel is a bit of an unknown quantity this year due to a change in their admissions criteria. For the first time they have introduced a catchment area (home addresses within a 4 mile radius of the school). This is the second point in their oversubscription criteria and basically means that any child who gains 111 or above and lives within that area who selects Herschel will be admitted before any children further afield. The next point is Pupil Premium children scoring 111 or above who live within a 10 mile radius. Children living further away than that are not considered until the final point of the criteria, in rank order of score.

124 is a very good score, but as you have no idea how many in-catchment children will apply, it's impossible to tell. Worth putting it on the CAF if you have the space to spare.
Hi, thanks for the advice. Does this mean there are likely to be more applicants at upton grammar as both LGS and Herschel have strong catchment requirements?

Looking at Upton's historic scores they've been similar to Herschel - but with all the admission changes i'll be worried that their 117 cut-off increases to more than 124...is that possible?
Burnhammum

Post by Burnhammum »

I suppose Upton might have more applications than usual this year since, out of the four Slough grammars, it currently has the most favourable admissions criteria for out of area applicants. I guess this might well drive the score needed to make the cut off higher as well. I'd be surprised if that cut off went up as high as 124, but it is possible. No way of knowing until 1st March, I'm afraid.
Jmd

SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Post by Jmd »

Hi all,

My DS got 115 in bucks, we live in West Drayton currently. what are the chances for him to get a place in one of the Slough GS?
Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Jmd wrote:Hi all,

My DS got 115 in bucks, we live in West Drayton currently. what are the chances for him to get a place in one of the Slough GS?
Thanks
What was your Slough score? The Bucks score doesn’t count for anywhere else except Bucks
trimission

Post by trimission »

Burnhammum wrote:I suppose Upton might have more applications than usual this year since, out of the four Slough grammars, it currently has the most favourable admissions criteria for out of area applicants. I guess this might well drive the score needed to make the cut off higher as well. I'd be surprised if that cut off went up as high as 124, but it is possible. No way of knowing until 1st March, I'm afraid.
Noting that a standardised score 111 represents top 30% of children, is it possible that the rank score can go up from 116 to 124? It's been fairly stable historically despite changes to LGS admissions policy and the shrinking distance criteria for Burnham...
Jmd

Post by Jmd »

Tinkers wrote:

Thanks
What was your Slough score? The Bucks score doesn’t count for anywhere else except Bucks
Tinkers wrote:

Thanks

His score in slough is also 115
Jmd

Post by Jmd »

Tinkers wrote:

Thanks
Slough score is also 115,what are the chances in slough GS with this score, we live in west Drayton.
FAM79

Post by FAM79 »

home48 wrote:Please can I get some advaise my DD has 117, in slough consortium, we live in Berkshire, woodley
is there any chnace she can get a place
her Kendrick score is not enough to secure a place and I am very lost.
Thanks
Hi, same question here , my DD got 117 looking at last slough report it will be competitive to get into uptown, langly or HGS, also does anyone know if there is transport for Early to Slough schools.

she qualified for Kendrick but not enough to secure a seat in Kendrick.

any advice on slough schools and transport is highly appreciated.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

FAM79 wrote:
home48 wrote:Please can I get some advaise my DD has 117, in slough consortium, we live in Berkshire, woodley
is there any chnace she can get a place
her Kendrick score is not enough to secure a place and I am very lost.
Thanks
Hi, same question here , my DD got 117 looking at last slough report it will be competitive to get into uptown, langly or HGS, also does anyone know if there is transport for Early to Slough schools.

she qualified for Kendrick but not enough to secure a seat in Kendrick.

any advice on slough schools and transport is highly appreciated.
You are very unlikley to get Langley as they have priority areas.
Herschel, as others have said, is an unknown this year as their admissions have changed and they too have a inner area.
This could well impact Upton Court too, and push up the scores required.

It would probably be a good idea for you to read the admissions policies for the Slough schools; you can find links in the stickies at the top of the Berkshire section of the forum, along with the historic admissions data, which is as much info as any of us have to base a decision on. Given the changes, I’m not sure even that helps much.

You have some excellent local schools too, so at least you have those as back ups. I believe I gave you advice on local schools some time ago when I think you were thinking of moving.
Rubi

Post by Rubi »

Hi need some advice, we have three options(Hampshire) to choose in CAF. My son got 111 and we r moving next month within 4 miles of Hershel. Is it good to place one comprehensive school at last option. 1- Hershel 2- Upton 3- Any comprehensive. I'm so confused whether he gets admission in grammar with these marks or not.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now